DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking in from Malaysia

JustinChan

Reactions
Hello Mavic Pilots!

Just got the Mavic from the delivery guy yesterday evening, and am spending my whole work day (LOL yes, I am typing this in my office with my MP just next to me) just trying to set it up, install the latest firmware and just plainly admiring this new piece of wizardry.

Can't wait to get those rotors spinning!

Welcome to the forum. Make sure to do all the proper preflight checks, and compass calibration, find an open space and enjoy flying this great tool!

Thanks! Haven't had the chance yet, as it's been pouring lately every evening. So many stuff to do! But I think I need to learn how to handle the pre-flight routines and learn to manouvre the MP first (first time drone pilot - absolute newbie here)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum .:)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Thanks! Haven't had the chance yet, as it's been pouring lately every evening. So many stuff to do! But I think I need to learn how to handle the pre-flight routines and learn to manouvre the MP first (first time drone pilot - absolute newbie here)

One thing to remember. Even if only flying without the intention to film or make photos, remove the gimbal clamp as otherwise you might damage your gimbal!! Put it back after flight.

Reactions: ssashah
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. If you’re new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170301/UserManual/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual_en_v1.4.pdf

I support this statement to keep the protector onto the gimbal or risk damaging the sensitive lense. Please don't take unnecessary risk especially if you are a newbie.

I support this statement to keep the protector onto the gimbal or risk damaging the sensitive lense. Please don't take unnecessary risk especially if you are a newbie.
Depends... if you want good image/footage from the beginning take that plastic monstrosity off. It will cause all kinds of image deformations and flare.
Also it does impair the airflow to the electronics! Bad idea in a hot country!!

Can anyone confirm malaysia is FCC mode or?

Max Transmission Distance
FCC Compliant: 4.3 mi (7 km)
CE Compliant: 2.5 mi (4 km)
SRRC Compliant: 2.5mi (4 km)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998