DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking in (late) from Atlanta

Maviac

Reactions
Hey folks. Been posting for a couple of weeks but haven’t formally said hi. I’m in downtown Atlanta and am trying to learn as much as I can here. Have my 107 certificate and am also an airplane pilot who flies regularly. Flying a Mavic Air (around 10 hours so far) but am considering upgrading to a M2P.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup.

Hey Dirkclod,
I live north of Atlanta around Woodstock, GA. I just got a Mavic Pro and haven't had a lot of opportunities to fly yet but am looking forward to better weather and longer days. I see you have the Mavic Air. Which one is that compared to the Mavic Pro? Also, where do you fly your drone, specifically? Inside or OTP?
Alan

Hey Dirkclod,
I live north of Atlanta around Woodstock, GA. I just got a Mavic Pro and haven't had a lot of opportunities to fly yet but am looking forward to better weather and longer days. I see you have the Mavic Air. Which one is that compared to the Mavic Pro? Also, where do you fly your drone, specifically? Inside or OTP?
Alan
Alan me not have no Air other than being full of hot air and being I kinda live in the sticks here in MS I fly pretty much where I want other than inside and no clue on the OTP .

Hey Dirkclod,
Sorry about that. I see it's a case of mistaken identity! Seeya 'round. But under 400 ft!

Reactions: dirkclod
Atlanta Lavista Park area. Just got a Mavic Air and looking to connect with some more experienced folks.

I too am a private pilot, and just passed my part 107 with a 92% mark. In preparation of the test, I bought a sectional map of Atlanta, and discovered that we can all fly our drones pretty much anywhere and not be in controlled airspace. All of the shelves are way above 400 feet.

Anyway, welcome aboard Maviac from another newbie.

Hey folks. Been posting for a couple of weeks but haven’t formally said hi. I’m in downtown Atlanta and am trying to learn as much as I can here. Have my 107 certificate and am also an airplane pilot who flies regularly. Flying a Mavic Air (around 10 hours so far) but am considering upgrading to a M2P.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, I love mine. Fly safe and have fun!

I too am a private pilot, and just passed my part 107 with a 92% mark. In preparation of the test, I bought a sectional map of Atlanta, and discovered that we can all fly our drones pretty much anywhere and not be in controlled airspace. All of the shelves are way above 400 feet.

Anyway, welcome aboard Maviac from another newbie.

PDK is a bit of a problem where I live, but LAANC solves that. Out of curiosity, why did you take the test rather than doing the course and having a CFI sign off? I almost did the same as I was out of BFR currency, but it was during the shutdown and they weren't doing tests at that time so I just got my flight review (which I needed to do anyway), took the course at sitting in the conference room at the airport, and my CFI signed me off.

I've done some flying at Piedmont Park and Olympic Park. Still a bit nervous about it but I've never had a problem, and I think the law is on our side.

PDK is a bit of a problem where I live, but LAANC solves that. Out of curiosity, why did you take the test rather than doing the course and having a CFI sign off? I almost did the same as I was out of BFR currency, but it was during the shutdown and they weren't doing tests at that time so I just got my flight review (which I needed to do anyway), took the course at sitting in the conference room at the airport, and my CFI signed me off.

I've done some flying at Piedmont Park and Olympic Park. Still a bit nervous about it but I've never had a problem, and I think the law is on our side.
I live up by Lake Alatoona near Acworth, Woodstock and like to fly around the lake. Once I was flying from the parking lot at the boat ramp and a ranger came by and told me that currently the Army Corps of Engineers who operates that lake forbid drone flying on Federal Property. He didn't ticket me but made me stop. Since then I still fly but am more discreet.

The test was so easy that I didn't want to take a course. Took about 10 hours of studying. Don't feel nervous flying at Piedmont Park, because the conservancy told me it was ok to fly there. Just use common sense.

Welcome !

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes