Join Us Now

Chinese drones are spying on Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.

koopyetz

Reactions

• Haha
Reactions: Dawnvt
That piece is just recycling old nonsense that's been debunked many times in the last few years.

Also, while the US Commerce Dept. has just placed DJI on the Entity List (along with a number of other companies), they did not cite any spying concerns in their justifications for doing so, either for DJI undertaking any industrial espionage or for using their drones to gather intel. It was, instead, supposedly for aiding human rights abuses through supplying drones that were then used for surveillance and oppression, something that just about any drone could be used for.

Regardless of whether or not DJI is directly involved in any oppression, if the US had any proof of DJI spying, then I would have expected that they would have included it in their justifications - they didn't, so I think we can realistically assume they have no such evidence, and that they don't have any because it's simply not happening.

Everything that goes through a Chinese server is available to the CCP. I'm sure that detailed video of our airports, military bases, electrical grid, radio infrastructure, bridges, power plants, and lots of other stuff is of interest.

Everything that goes through a Chinese server is available to the CCP. I'm sure that detailed video of our airports, military bases, electrical grid, radio infrastructure, bridges, power plants, and lots of other stuff is of interest.
Or, they could just look on Google maps....

Or, they could just look on Google maps....
Or the footage from their own spy satellites.

But our drone footage has much higher resolution than google maps and shows American infrastructure in much greater detail and from many different angles. They would be fools not to tap into that as a intelligence resource. We would surely do the same given the opportunity.

Or the footage from their own spy satellites.

But our drone footage has much higher resolution than google maps and shows American infrastructure in much greater detail and from many different angles. They would be fools not to tap into that as a intelligence resource. We would surely do the same given the opportunity.
I’d rather live in a less paranoid world.

How is your drone footage, or anyone else's, getting onto a Chinese server? I know mine doesn't. (I don't even sync my logs.)

Do you realise that their own people can freely travel to and across the USA, with their own cameras and drones and directly photograph whatever they might be interested in.

The popular idea of drone imagery being mined for espionage value is just laughable and would be rejected as a comic book plot line.
It also misses the point that DJI doesn't get access to your imagery anyway.

"Detailed video" isn't being sent back to any server, let alone servers hosted in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147