DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Close to cell tower

Very nice smooth pivot around the second aircraft. I was thinking that you could submit frames from the video to one of the 3D mapping companies like Altizure and it might make a not-bad 3D model of the one you show after the Avro Vulcan.

There's a huge regional digital television transmitter tower near where I live, outside all NFZ's, but I'm leery that the high power output might cause magnetic or radio disturbances (even though the frequencies are entirely different).

I was told a few years ago, that it would be terribly dangerous to fly my Phantom 2 near a similar communications array atop the mountain where I live. I work in the fire tower that is 50 feet away from the array. While working in the tower, we have direct radio communications with the local airport, 3 miles away, where the fire attack and bombers are dispatched. I radioed in to clear the air-space, and shot the following - with no interference problems whatsoever. Big towers like that make for great shots :p

I was told a few years ago, that it would be terribly dangerous to fly my Phantom 2 near a similar communications array atop the mountain where I live. I work in the fire tower that is 50 feet away from the array. While working in the tower, we have direct radio communications with the local airport, 3 miles away, where the fire attack and bombers are dispatched. I radioed in to clear the air-space, and shot the following - with no interference problems whatsoever. Big towers like that make for great shots :p

I have an historic fire tower across the highway from me (one of the first in my area; it's actually been relocated to its current location to be more accessible to the public for tours on the weekends). I was thinking of stopping by the ranger station to see if I could video it with my drone during the week when people aren't around (since I'm not physically climbing it, it doesn't have to be open). As a professional think they'll ok this (I'm very conscientious and always seek permission before flying in special location)?

I have an historic fire tower across the highway from me (one of the first in my area; it's actually been relocated to its current location to be more accessible to the public for tours on the weekends). I was thinking of stopping by the ranger station to see if I could video it with my drone during the week when people aren't around (since I'm not physically climbing it, it doesn't have to be open). As a professional think they'll ok this (I'm very conscientious and always seek permission before flying in special location)?
Probably not. There are agencies involved to which whomever you approach with your request must answer to. It helps if you know someone. I asked to fly another tower, located about an hour north of the one in the video above. They flat out said, no. This was before I was working in the local tower.

Probably not. There are agencies involved to which whomever you approach with your request must answer to. It helps if you know someone. I asked to fly another tower, located about an hour north of the one in the video above. They flat out said, no. This was before I was working in the local tower.

Thanks! Really appreciate the insights. I may still try, but will go in expecting a no anwser. BTW, loved your vid.

Reactions: Qoncussion

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi