DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Cohoes Falls Mohawk River

beautiful!

Reactions: KD2SSP
Hmm...I live near there and never thought about filming it with my drone. Now I have to. It is on the very edge of controlled airspace from the Albany Airport though. Need LAANC to fly there.

Hmm...I live near there and never thought about filming it with my drone. Now I have to. It is on the very edge of controlled airspace from the Albany Airport though. Need LAANC to fly there.
Correct I got instant LAANC approval from KALB for this flight. Just have to be careful of those power lines there. :)

Last edited:
That looks awesome. I've taken some ground level pictures down there, but never though of bringing the drone. Where did you launch from?

The last time I was there I saw a Bald Eagle. It went by too quickly before I get a picture. The Cohoes Falls is one of our area's best kept secrets.

And you are not kidding about having to watch out for the power lines. You can see them in this camera phone shot that I took last summer.
Cohoes Falls.jpg

Beautiful shot! I didn't know you could even go down there...

That's where I thought you were launching from, but then I realized that Falls View Park is closed for the Winter.

The power lines there are crazy. I went there last spring. My sister in law lives relatively close by and it’s always a good spot to go for a walk and to take a drone when I am in town.

Nice shots. My gimbal was acting up last time (has since been fixed) and I didn’t shoot much. This is giving me a reason to go back!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom