DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Color settings

patratel64

Reactions
Filmed few clips in this early spring, before nature revival. Landscape and hills, trees. I used D-log color and -3 EV. Not satisfied at all by result, ugly brown and grey colors.

Question, what color do you use in these enviroments ( colorless gloomy overcast) ?

I'm not very experimented in post production, so I would to get the best is possible out of the camera.

Filmed few clips in this early spring, before nature revival. Landscape and hills, trees. I used D-log color and -3 EV. Not satisfied at all by result, ugly brown and grey colors.

Question, what color do you use in these enviroments ( colorless gloomy overcast) ?

I'm not very experimented in post production, so I would to get the best is possible out of the camera.

Attachments

• DJI_0169.jpg
    DJI_0169.jpg
    663 KB · Views: 49

If you filmed in D-Log, the image will be flat and colors will look washed.
You have to apply a LUT in post or you can try to color grade yourself.

D-Log is OK if on latest firmware, if you leave the style settings on zero it only needs quite modest adjustment to contrast and saturation.
Not sure what you mean by EV on -3, that's a measure for exposure and generally wants to be on 0.0

If, in your post, you want the best video straight out of the camera without post editing, then D-Cinelike or Normal color profile, adjustment settings at None, and be sure EV is 0.0
If you want to do post work, you can start with the new D-Log color profile (if you've updated to the new firmware) and adjustment settings at Soft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18