DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Colorado's 13,000' hidden Gems, Three Needles and Bridal Peak!

Karlewski

Reactions
I've been making all kinds of cool videos in the San Juans lately, some pretty rough some more just Beautiful but this one came out really special, Perfect timing with the snow, flowers and incredible weather allowing me to climb 2 13ers in one of the most pictursque settings on this planet. I hope you enjoy!

Another cool video and adventure! I'm having some YouTube playback issues right now (probably my broadband provider) so will have to watch it again in higher resolution. Just an editorial note: You have a typo in the title and are miss pronouncing the word "Porphyry", which is pronounced something like "poor ferey"...it's a general descriptive word for a type of intrusive rock that has visible crystals of feldspar and/or quartz in a fine grained matrix. All that aside, a great video Karl because it tells a story in a spectacular setting!

Thanks Karl............another great video. In every one of your San Juan videos, I can hear John Denver singing Rocking Mountain High in my mind. And that's a good thing.

I've been making all kinds of cool videos in the San Juans lately, some pretty rough some more just Beautiful but this one came out really special, Perfect timing with the snow, flowers and incredible weather allowing me to climb 2 13ers in one of the most pictursque settings on this planet. I hope you enjoy!
When is the discovery channel going to give you your own show? Another amazing adventure!

Reactions: Dbez1
I love the way you integrate movement on the map with the amazing photography and drone footage.

Another incredible adventure displayed with all the Physical, Photographic, Descriptive skills of a true Master. A beautiful and mesmerizing video. Thank You Karl.

Despite my skills progressing quite as fast on the cinematography front, these amazing places make it pretty easy to do get some really great shots. I will say, my video editing skills have still been improving and using this MX Master 3S Logic mouse has really helped. By watching a few You tube videos and programing the mouse's many buttons I can really do some complex edits fairly quickly, quickly being a relative term. . . I do wish I had a super computer to go with it, I've been shooting more at 4K 60FPS and that does bog down the playback and then I'm not really able to see playback in real time, jittery, and it makes it tougher. I always have to go back an polish the video up using a rendered copy just so I can see a realtime play back and see the glitches. . .
I actually did get contacted by a Discovery video editor who found me here! Greg. . .he said it actually would be possible, with more work, to have a channel but, I think it is a careful what you wish for case. Being 52 and stuck working long desk hours to perfect my works would likely cripple my training routine, keeping the ranch from going to ruins has been it's own job and soon things will slow down anyway. I'm working with my local planning dept to sub-divide my ranch and build another house or two. I'm used to living in my own new builds, love it, I am a GC by trade. . . and having the second home be a rental will help secure my retirement.

You're a busy guy to say the least! Our small farm certainly keeps me busy, especially in the summer. Have you tried editing using proxy files? Not sure which NLE you use but I think most of the popular packages allow for proxies. I use Adobe Premier and edit my 4k clips using proxies. I was skeptical at first but it certainly eliminates the stuttering playback I experience during editing sessions and once editing is complete, rendering uses the original 4k assets based on the proxy edits. Can't wait for your next adventure!

Reactions: mereflyer
Thanks twocalf! I do use a function on Davinci resolve that does quarter resolution playback. I think I’ve overwhelmed my ram as well, especially the graphics card. I’ll bet proxy clips would do slightly better though.

Thanks twocalf! I do use a function on Davinci resolve that does quarter resolution playback. I think I’ve overwhelmed my ram as well, especially the graphics card. I’ll bet proxy clips would do slightly better though.
I know what you mean. I do all my editing on a stout desktop with a decent graphics card and the 4k clips still really bog my machine down, which is really aggravating. It seems that Davinci generates proxies of the original hi-res clips in a similar manner as Premier does. Both commonly generate 1080p proxies from the original 4k clips and so you use them to do all of your editing including color correcting and grading. Both software then use all of the edits you've implemented and apply them to the original 4k clips during the final rendering process. I've used it now for a few years and think it's the way to go. Cheers!

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas