DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Comic Book Movies..Please, please im begging you, just

MavicFT1P

Reactions
just go away. Just really seriously, 'expletive vector'!

Dont get me wrong, I liked the Dark Knight, heath ledger, and Maybe iron Man (one), but
they just keep coming, getting stupider, with big name Actors.

No good movies come out because theres been like 5 avengers movies have come out in the last 2 years
It wont..it just wont stop, *sobbing quietly*.

And DC comic book movies...I understand there great for kids, but adults need movies too.

5000 green screens overlapped with so mmuch CGI it makes your eyes bleed. Im over it.

I mean i really liked 'First Man'. Can we make more movies like that please?
And if were going to use CGI, can we use it to make it look like were not using it?

Take half a kwells tablet (dont actually though) and watch a movie.
Your eyes focus out and can detect CGI. educate yourself

Sigh, Am I alone in this thinking?

I dont watch them. Theyre designed to Literally turn off 2 hours of your life and probably never be seen again.
I mean, Have you ever watched a Comic Book move twice?

I do notice the Void they create of a quality Blockbuster movie.

Tangent alert, but I watched Saving private ryan/The Thin red line the other day.
These movies are from like 98 (all top/upcoming actors), and they are Classics!
You still cant see the CGI (sorta), cuz it was used tactfully. Maybe cuz of ww2, but whatever. it works

This is proper Blockbuster. I know this is a proper old person rant, but there has to be someone who feels similar.

As concessionaire's of making, post processing the shirk out of Footage, I thought some of you at least have
an opinion, rant or not.
In Film school (if i went) we learned a good movie should be like a good poem, in that it's timeless.
It doesn't read/watch ridiculous 12 months down the track.

Edit; I just noticed i posted this in general discussions, My bad. I meant to post in OFF-Topic/Photo-Video.
Excuse the 20 edits, but im passionate about this stuff

Last edited:
Theyre designed to Literally turn off 2 hours of your life and probably never be seen again.
I mean, Have you ever watched a Comic Book move twice?
That's exactly what I watch a movie for. Already see enough of the mess that is life all day long, so if I go see something it better be something far from "realistic". And yes if the fictional environment/events please me I'll happily watch it twice.

Reactions: msinger
I write a daily blog post - strangely enough in the dailies section at filmmakeriq.com - look at the right-hand sidebar and click on Today in History. Each day is a different actor, director, producer or event and each introduces a whole multiplex of diverse films only a very few of which are in the MCU. Try it. I spend most of the day researching and writing instead of being outside and flying (sob). Try it and make my sacrifice worthwhile!

That's exactly what I watch a movie for. Already see enough of the mess that is life all day long, so if I go see something it better be something far from "realistic". And yes if the fictional environment/events please me I'll happily watch it twice.

Good answer :rolleyes:

So good, i cant retort

I write a daily blog post - strangely enough in the dailies section at filmmakeriq.com - look at the right-hand sidebar and click on Today in History. Each day is a different actor, director, producer or event and each introduces a whole multiplex of diverse films only a very few of which are in the MCU. Try it. I spend most of the day researching and writing instead of being outside and flying (sob). Try it and make my sacrifice worthwhile!

I looked at it, it's good Thumbswayup
So you do it properly, research, Use correct grammar, dont just rant about personal affections
for certain films, etc. Respect

Me. personally id rather drink a beer, post a thread hating on Comic book movies, and go fly ;)

PS: So are you an experienced Film buff, or like a MIllenial who majored in Film, and researches old
movies?

I looked at it, it's good Thumbswayup
So you do it properly, research, Use correct grammar, dont just rant about personal affections
for certain films, etc. Respect

Me. personally id rather drink a beer, post a thread hating on Comic book movies, and go fly ;)

PS: So are you an experienced Film buff, or like a MIllenial who majored in Film, and researches old
movies?

I am old enough to have seen most of the films since the invention of sound when they first came out :)

I am old enough to have seen most of the films since the invention of sound when they first came out :)
we have much to discuss ?:)

edit: or uno ill just check out your blog as you say.
idi i smotri, right

Last edited:
I've seen several excellent movies so far this year, and going to see the new Tarantino movie tomorrow. Scorcese has a new one coming out this fall.

It's very easy to complain about comic book movies, or how (movies/books/TV/music) just isn't as good as it used to be. Kind of a cliche, don't you think?

Most movies of any era haven't been that good. We just remember the ones from the past that were and forget the rest. You just need to try harder.

Reactions: Kilrah
'That new Tarantino movie', I like the way you phased that.
He should ghost direct some movies and see how they do.

Kubrick he's not

'That new Tarantino movie', I like the way you phased that.
He should ghost direct some movies and see how they do.

Kubrick he's not
I wrote the new Tarantino movie, not that new Tarantino movie.

And since Kubrick is dead his output has become even less frequent. But not by much.

You did
I shouldn't even compare them.

Kubrick was a Recluse, In his later years anyway.
Too much work with the CIA/NASA

How was the Movie? thumbs up or down will do

Last edited:
You did
I shouldn't even compare them.

Kubrick was a Recluse, In his later years anyway.
Too much work with the CIA/NASA

How was the Movie? thumbs up or down will do
I liked it quite a bit, but you'll definitely appreciate it more if you're nostalgic about TV and movies of the 1960s. By now you know whether you're a fan of Tarantino's work in general.

The movie has a great cast, including in a lot of the smaller roles. Almost cameos.

Tarantino could have trimmed half an hour out of it and it would have been a lot tighter. But I was enjoying the performances and the settings so much I didn't mind the tangents at all.

No good movies come out because theres been like 5 avengers movies have come out in the last 2 years

There's been four Avengers films in the last seven years, the first Avengers was released back 2012 and Age of Ultron in 2015, the last two were released a year apart but then that's because it's the one film split into two. Making crude and inaccurate exaggerations never helps make a point.

Your complaint can be aimed at any era of film-making and even at the moment it's not specific to the superhero genre or even just films, you see the same trends in music and games as well. Companies want to make money and I can't really blame them for continuing brings them in huge amounts of money which the superhero films certainly have.

That's a very sensible reply, and i commend you for it
There's been four Avengers films in the last seven years, the first Avengers was released back 2012 and Age of Ultron in 2015, the last two were released a year apart but then that's because it's the one film split into two. Making crude and inaccurate exaggerations never helps make a point.
Companies want to make money and I can't really blame them for continuing brings them in huge amounts of money which the superhero films certainly have.

lol, excuse me all over the place, 4 not 5. Could be i was exaggerating for dramatic effect, but we'll never know.
Did you just say you cant blame film companies for wanting to make money, and the audience can kinda just suck it up cuz
thats how it is?

That's a very sensible reply, and i commend you for it

lol, excuse me all over the place, 4 not 5. Could be i was exaggerating for dramatic effect, but we'll never know.
Did you just say you cant blame film companies for wanting to make money, and the audience can kinda just suck it up cuz
thats how it is?
I suspect your logic is bad here. Movies that don’t attract audiences tend not to be financial successes. You might find it is the minority that who don’t like the productions you take issue with. Fair enough- I’m sure I’m often part of that minority.

'Whenever you find yourself on the side of Majority, it's time to stop and reflect'
M.T

thats how it is?
Suck it up? They're the ones showing where the money is in the first place... Yep that genre is very successful, and that's why you see a lot of it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman