DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compatibility P9 Huawei

bencan

Reactions
hello all

anyone out there has had any infos on this topic?
been looking around but not much out there ...

It's not on DJI's list of recommended devices, but @Flawless and @BertNewton said it works well.

hello all

anyone out there has had any infos on this topic?
been looking around but not much out there ...

Add me in with my P9 Lite: video feedback is perfect with no delay and no image tearing

Reactions: bencan
I use the P9 with a case on (having removed the upper rubber parts on the Mavic controller) with no issues.

Just make sure you turn off pocket protection and auto brightness!

Reactions: bencan
Hi there, how was your experience flying with the p9? I have a p10 and I'm quite confused as in I've read people saying it's ok to use the p9 however it's still not recommended it... Haven't been able to read anything about the p10

Hi there, how was your experience flying with the p9? I have a p10 and I'm quite confused as in I've read people saying it's ok to use the p9 however it's still not recommended it... Haven't been able to read anything about the p10

It's perfect for the mavic. And it's a Lite. Maybe it's due to the fact it's dedicated to tme mavic so the only thing i did with this phone was unistalling the bloatware from huawei and installing the GO 4 app, just that. I think that can help a lot

Reactions: AdrianOdioCR
For those still interested in using their P9, I've recently done manual updates to mine (since Huawei's OTA updates just never materialised).

I'm still running official Huawei software (EMUI5) but using various methods, I manually updated to Android 7 directly from Huawei's servers. I'm currently on C432B390 (C432 refers to the source of my handset - an EU unlocked P9 with no carrier - and B390 is the current latest update from August, since we're still waiting for the September BlueBorne security patch).

I've had no issues with Android 7 and DJI Go or Litchi, but YMMV if you've got a carrier-supplied handset (since software does vary).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ITV