DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compatibility with Smart Controller

AnGo

Reactions
After the SC recently got the Fly App, which is also used for the Mini 2, and as the Mini 2 has OcuSync 2.0, would that mean automatically that the SC can be already used for the Mini 2 without waiting for further changes to the SC firmware?

Is my understanding DJI will have to release a new Firmware update since the Aircraft Management is built in the firmware. Even if you install the new Fly App in the SC I am almost sure will not work, because the Aircraft Management needs to be able to see the aircraft first. With the current firmware is not possible.

Is about time for DJI to come up with new firmware to make it compatible.

Reactions: AnGo
I would think it depends completely on the upgrade of the Fly app. All AC management and control is there.

The problem though if I understand correctly is that the SC hardware or Android OS is 32bit while the Fly app used outside of SC requires 64 bit so side-loading an update to the Fly app will likely render the app inoperable even for the MA2.

Then again, the RC hardware in the SC may also need updating to accommodate the MM2, and that may need a firmware update. It's also possible that since the update for the MA2 was rather recent, DJI anticipated it needing compatibility with the MM2 and included it.

Does anyone know if DJI made any announcements about future compatibility like they did with the Mavic Air 2?
So, I just asked DJI Support if they can say whether the Mini 2 will be Smart Controller-compatible in the future....they said not compatible, and gave a generic "keep watching the website for any further news" response. This is a very different statement than after the Mavic Air 2 release when Support was saying that Smart Controller-compatibility will be coming in the future for the MA2.

Not looking good, and although I want to add the Mini 2 to my stable I'm definitely not going to unless it's Smart Controller-compatible.

Reactions: gspell
There's been no official updates on when/if Smart Controller functionality will be introduced for the Mini 2. One of the PMs previously mentioned in November that there are no plans for it.

Certainly seems odd considering the Mini 2 RC and Air 2 RC can be used amongst both platforms and both are using the same transmission protocols (OcuSync 2.0).

All it would seem to need at this point is update to the RC component of the SC. And since the MA2 remote was made compatible with the MM2 by RC firmware, it should be trivial to make the SC compatible.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech