DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Compilation of some interesting tight places shot with Avta

So I watch your incredible videos almost every day - your profile starts with 3. Are you typically flying a Mavic 3 or an Avata? I can see the shadows in some shots and see the propeller guards. I wondered how you fly so close to tree limbs without destroying your props. Still quite amazing videos and we can all see your talent and passion.

Reactions: alex_markov
As I mentioned several times Tag is Mandatory and there's No tag for Avata so I had Mavic 3 (I sold recently as I was not using it ;) ) and use 3 (it's first in line ;) )

Alex, I too enjoy your expertise and videos. I do have a question about that deep penetration of the fort like structure. GPS signal strength I thought was important to assure drone positioning and stability. Your turns and the tunnels would seem to me that direct visual guidance often wasn’t possible. I guess that might also be true for the control signals as well. Spectacular flying and I guess I’m asking, “ how do you pull this off technically”. I may be ignorant or way too cautious! Thanks again and I enjoyed the 1812 Overture - a great celebratory work by a master. Keep the excitement coming!
Doug

Alex, I too enjoy your expertise and videos. I do have a question about that deep penetration of the fort like structure. GPS signal strength I thought was important to assure drone positioning and stability. Your turns and the tunnels would seem to me that direct visual guidance often wasn’t possible. I guess that might also be true for the control signals as well. Spectacular flying and I guess I’m asking, “ how do you pull this off technically”. I may be ignorant or way too cautious! Thanks again and I enjoyed the 1812 Overture - a great celebratory work by a master. Keep the excitement coming!
Doug
GPS positioning is helping a lot but is not mandatory (besides it needs to have a fix at the start in order for DJI to unlock height restrains :( ) - The drone itself stabilizes bi IMU and/or visual from below cameras AND of course, it's up to You to counter wind or erroneous corrections ;) :) I was flying in caves since my Mavic Pro days but Avata is way more stable and robust so I can go places I did not even dare to think about before or might be I learn to fly a bit ;) anyhow flying those places involve risk ;)

Thanks. I have no experience with the Avata. You are tempting me to explore that - slowly of course! I once helped a church here do interior videos through the front doors and up the aisle to the alter. GPS signal diminished quickly on entry and the air system currents alone made for unstable video. That’s when I realized how significant and sensitive the IMU with GPS algorithms were key to stable flight. Thank you for the reply. I will await your next challenging flight.
PS turning OFF the air handler fans really helped-as expected.

Awesome!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007