DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Concerns

There's dual analog amp circuits after the sensor (as with all dual native ISO cameras)... That's how you turn the ISO up... You just add gain to an analog signal Then the ADC (analog to digital converter) turns it to 1s and 0s.

Which I'm sure you know. As you also probably know, not all amps and chips etc are created equally so I'd hope that a higher end drone would have higher end circuits and components but after watching that video, it doesn't seem to be the case... SNR doesn't seem to have been improved at all to my eye.

But yeah, I love the way that with the ov48c, instead of merging a frame from both the high and low gain amps to create a high dynamic range image, it does that on chip, freeing up cycles for other processes. Or at least reduces latency.

Given the form factor of the mini and passive cooling, I doubt it could accomplish HDR at 100mps without the ov48c. It'd most likely fry lol. I would imagine that EMI and crosstalk would be a utter ball ache to boot.

There's dual analog amp circuits after the sensor (as with all dual native ISO cameras)... That's how you turn the ISO up... You just add gain to an analog signal Then the ADC (analog to digital converter) turns it to 1s and 0s.

Which I'm sure you know. As you also probably know, not all amps and chips etc are created equally so I'd hope that a higher end drone would have higher end circuits and components but after watching that video, it doesn't seem to be the case... SNR doesn't seem to have been improved at all to my eye.

But yeah, I love the way that with the ov48c, instead of merging a frame from both the high and low gain amps to create a high dynamic range image, it does that on chip, freeing up cycles for other processes. Or at least improves latency.

Given the form factor of the mini and passive cooling, I doubt it could accomplish HDR at 100mps. It'd most likely fry lol. I would imagine that EMI and crosstalk would be a utter ball ache to boot.

nobody has done tear downs?
Now that would answer everything once and for all... And we'd know for sure what dji are about. I suspect it's a case of same meat different gravey though.

Either way.. For me. Dji are to drones as apple are to phones.

nobody has done tear downs?
Thinking about it, from a design perspective, ot makes sense.. You can have two different PCs... Different cases... One with an i5 one a i7, one with 32gb ram the other 64...both with the same motherboard.. Why would dji spend twice as much money creating two different boards etc when all the components they get from suppliers all conform to the same sets of standards... Doesn't make sense.. I'll bet that if you tare them down there'll be a lot of shared and interchangeable stuff.

There's probably kids in China hacking the things to pieces lol

Now that would answer everything once and for all... And we'd know for sure what dji are about. I suspect it's a case of same meat different gravey though.

Either way.. For me. Dji are to drones as apple are to phones.
Samsung. 😁

The mini 3 pro does not use the same stacked sensor as the Air 3.number may be the same but it is already older technology
in the mini 3 pro.The new mini 4 pro when it comes out will probably have the latest stacked sensor technology.
Looks like the mini 4 pro will probably not have the latest stacked sensor technology,nothing has been made official yet on it.

I mean if they're all using a 2020 sensor, there has to be room for improvement.

They're not even using Sony sensors.

And the application processors aren't the stuff used in $1000 phones either.

Yet the DJI drones are well over $1000 just for the aircraft?

I mean if they're all using a 2020 sensor, there has to be room for improvement.

Like I said before.. Tech companies don't tend to rest on their laurels. There's new sensors on the way... I'm hoping we'll see a 1" 16mpx / 20mpx version of the ov48c...

Apparently the air 2s uses the Sony IMX383 sensor, sony also do a IMX989 60mpx sensor... Don't they'll put that in a air series drone though

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu