DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecting to a iPhone 6S

Lone Droner 10

Reactions
What alternative connections are there to eliminate the "not connected" notification when attempting to connect to the DJI Go 4 app using my iPhone 6S and the controller. I had to make numerous attempts to get the video and telemetry on my iPhone. For some reason, the connector on the controller that runs through the left arm of the controller to my iPhone apparently does not always make a good connection. Anyone have any ideas or solutions?

Ditch the DJI cable and that port altogether. Get a regular USB/Lightning cable and plug it into the bottom USB port of the controller. Make sure not to have the other port (left side) plugged in at the same time.

My son's iPhone has a loose Lightning connector on it, too. If the connector has gotten so loose that it can't keep a solid Lightning connection, you're looking at needing to get an alternative device.

Is the connector that comes with the controller faulty? Most of the time it works fine but on several occasions, including today, I went back to the same place I was on Saturday to fly and the darn thing would not connect to my iPhone. I tried and tried and finally it did connect. But, heck, when you are out in the field and decide to fly and then the darn device doesn't connect, you cannot see a thing so it is very hard to video, if not impossible.

Both the cables and the port are known to be problematic.

What is going on with DJI? I have a Phantom 3 Advanced that I never had a problem with, ever. Including RTH. I have lost 2 Mavics in the last month, both to fly aways because the RTH failed both times. Now you are saying that the connections are problematic? Not that a lightning cable is a big deal but none the less ----------------.

The cables are problematic because of where they have to go in order to make the RC compact. Bending/twisting any cable is asking for trouble over time. The connector is problematic because it's a right-angle cable connection and yet the force is downward instead of outward/inward. Keeping it seated properly is difficult over time. Full USB connections are almost always better than micro USB connections (for reliability, not speed).

Someone else suggested a cable long ago that I purchased and have been very happy with (both Android and iPad compatible). Here's the link on Amazon:
http://a.co/2hnsaxS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d