DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connection Cord Problem

gklugie

Reactions
My MP works well when using an Iphone. I wish to use a larger screen though. I tried to connect a 7 inch android tablet for my DJI go app today. I cannot get a connection. I used a usb cord that ran from the tablet to the UNDERSIDE of the controller. It did not work. What am I missing?

I used a usb cord that ran from the tablet to the UNDERSIDE of the controller. It did not work. What am I missing?
Did you have a cable plugged into the Micro USB port on the left side of the remote controller? When a cable is plugged in there, the bottom USB port does not work.

Yes. I still had the little cord plugged into the left side of the controller. Since I did not have my Iphone plugged into the other end of the cable, I presumed there would be no problem? Is the wire "smart"??? I will definitely pull the wire out fully tomorrow to test.

Yes. I still had the little cord plugged into the left side of the controller. Since I did not have my Iphone plugged into the other end of the cable, I presumed there would be no problem? Is the wire "smart"??? I will definitely pull the wire out fully tomorrow to test.

Nope, the Micro USB is a "dumb" port. Even if you dont have a device connected to it, you have to unplug any cable so that the data will flow to the bottom port.

SUCCESS! I unplugged the small side cable and suddenly my android tablet plugged in to the bottom USB outlet started to work. Thanks a lot. You fellows are experienced and wise.

Great news! Glad to hear you're all fixed up now :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark