DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connectivity issue #34875 :)

Justin586

Reactions
Hi,

Have had seamless service out of my mavic the last 8 months, running the older app without updating it (i see they have streamlined apps for different drone types now,) on an iphone 6.

Last flew it 10 days ago, no problems. Sunday I got a new iphone 6 and obviously had to restore everything from the computer etc and was forced to download the new dji go 4 app.

Now drone and controller are connecting fine, plugged the cable into iphone and it's just charging my phone from the controller... it never actually connects. just says disconnected on the app screen.

Any ideas here chaps? tried Mavic support and they are useless, just said tough luck (long and short of it) or the cable is bust. Clearly the cable isnt bust because it's charging my phone.

Any help really appreciated, not a big techhead and can't really figure out why this thing is any different from the last one!

Cheers,

justin

Justin,

Are you signed on to your DJI account before activating RC and MP?

Hope you get it corrected soon!

Mike

Well it suggests it but oddly, in my flight profile it shows up my Username etc but not my flight log. this could however be because of the fact that before they split the apps, it was just that one app... it'll all be on there but you can no longer download the old one of course.

now it the most frustrating part, plugged it in to the old iphone 6 minus sim card and it works fine... any clues as to how i get that to correct?

update here (spent 2 hours with mavic support last night) is that apparently some iphone 6 arent supported. no more explanation than that. my old iphone 6 works well and the new one doesnt... bizarre. When I plug the new phone into the controller it just starts charging.... o_O soooooo frustrating

So put the Mavic issue aside for the moment, what happens when you try connect that new phone to a laptop and pull pictures off of it? (Via USB cable of course)

If it were a droid I would bet money that port setting on the phone is your issue. (Sorry I have never had any "I" type stuff. . .)

I think it is so funny how the "phone type" is always to blame! (Not just DJI that states it though, "the world" needs to demand if you use X type of droid or X type "I" type gear then Y type APP just "works"!!!) Issue is every MFG puts some little "spin" on the equipment which makes it almost impossible to chase all the issues. . .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127