DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Consensus on DJI LUT for Mavic 2?

RC5728

Reactions
What is the consensus on DJI's official LUT for the Mavic 2?

Is it pretty good, or is there a better option?

What is the consensus on DJI's official LUT for the Mavic 2?

Is it pretty good, or is there a better option?

I find it to have too much saturation most of the time and not be very natural looking.

So IMO there are other better free options.

Never use other peoples LUTs, they're only a starting point anyway so may aswell start your own, its going to be different for almost everything you shoot...., almost

All the adjustments still have to be made to make the lut fit anyway, so your just using a different starting point

Fozzy: The reason that others will disagree with your opinion is because it's about the gamma curve. Probably only a few people at DJI and Hasselblad have access to this curve. Yes, you're correct in that you can make your own starting point and, if you're happy with the results, great. But despite all the LUT's out there now for the M2P, it is my opinion that the DLOG-M to Rec709 factory LUT is the most accurate and I believe that is because they created the LUT after starting with the correct gamma curve.

KB

Fozzy: The reason that others will disagree with your opinion is because it's about the gamma curve. Probably only a few people at DJI and Hasselblad have access to this curve. Yes, you're correct in that you can make your own starting point and, if you're happy with the results, great. But despite all the LUT's out there now for the M2P, it is my opinion that the DLOG-M to Rec709 factory LUT is the most accurate and I believe that is because they created the LUT after starting with the correct gamma curve.

KB
Then I shall let that be my first lut on your recomendation to give it a whirl :) if this gaddamn rain ever stops that is!

if this gaddamn rain ever stops that is!

Man do I ever hear you loud and clear on that Fozzy. Except for a couple days, it’s been rainy and windy and cold for at least three weeks, it’s making me crazy.

I will be very surprised if you don’t like the factory LUT. All the others do a fine job but they all look, I don’t know, over done or cooked too long. Some folks may like that look or those looks but I want to re-create what my eyes would’ve seen if I was riding on the drone. Sure I’ll tweak it, no other choice with log files, but realistic is always my goal. My only post LUT tweak is I think it’s a bit too saturated so I ease that down just a tad.

I’m anxious to hear what you find, but in any case have fun.

KB

Its a decent starting point - far better than some others out there.
Knock down the saturation and cool the colour temperature to taste after applying it.

Reactions: RC5728
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1