DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Could this be another bad Mavic?

Dronebow

Reactions
Dronebow take 3....

Ok, I had posted previously about the drone I took to Colorado and the bad jello or vibrations I had there. It was cold and some said they thought that was the issue. Others said I needed ND Filters.. The cause was not really defined since I didn't seem to have issues like that later.

I flew it again this past weekend. Temps were about 50+ degrees. Wind is minimal. I'll have to post the video when I can cut it down because it's about 2gb. Half way in there were what looked like on my FPV as video feed distortions. Like you might see if the signal is bad or something got disrupted momentarily. It happens for a few seconds and then seemingly goes away.

Well in the actual video feed it's there. It's inexplicable to me. No wind, no weather, should be no issues. I'm thinking this is the 3rd time I will need to send this back to DJI for an RMA... I'm a little disenchanted to say the least.

Also noted that I started having signal disconnects at about 2000' in an area where I only had some trees in LoS and I was 200' up. Never had issues like this with the P3. It was solid.

Firmware is 1.3.02.
Thoughts welcome...

Is this the 3rd Mavic you've had or the 3rd time you sent it back?

I haven't heard/read of anything similar to what you're describing. I can't imagine the weather/temp being the issue.

Upload a vid when you can.

Is this the 3rd Mavic you've had or the 3rd time you sent it back?

I haven't heard/read of anything similar to what you're describing. I can't imagine the weather/temp being the issue.

Upload a vid when you can.
Mavic 1 - sent in for RMA
Mavic RMA return was really bad
Mavic 1 RMA was RMA returned (so this was return #2)
Mavic 2 was a new mavic I was going to sell but opened due to a trip coming up
Mavic 2 had video issues:
RMA #2 on Mavic 1 was returned to me and I sold it to someone that just crashed theirs in a river...
Mavic 2 is now showing other signs of issues so I'm a bit disenchanted at this point.

I'll post the video when I can trim it down.

J. This is not nitpicking imho. Is the gimbal placed correctly, i.e. properly hanging from the rubber bands?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I've seen this on mine. I've kinda been waiting, thinking that people who know more about drones could tell me what was happening. But yeah, it looks like jello. I've got a clip that would give you a headache if you watched it.

I think it may be caused by shutter speed. I got some TACO filters, but i'm away for training so I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

Anybody really know what causes this?

Lol, trolling much?

Looking at the video on my 4k screen its very obvious jello. Thats pretty bad. Unacceptable to me... Send it back...

Knit picker. If anyone agrees say I .

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Dronebow
Interesting! So a gimbal calibration stopped the jello? I'll try that as soon as I get home. That's good to hear!

I just did a search for 'jello,' which is what I should have done to begin with. Sure enough, many have encountered this, and there seems to be some agreement about how to fix it. Glad that we're not alone.

Interesting! So a gimbal calibration stopped the jello? I'll try that as soon as I get home. That's good to hear!

Yup fixed it right away. In addition to the Jello-ing, my gimbal would spazz out if i made an abrupt stop in sport mode. The calibration fixed both issued.

It's repetitive enough to make me think a calibration would work, like suggested above.

Ok, here is the video and you can see the jitters in the video that appear like the gimbal is jumping around.

Now on a side note, I decided to calibrate the gimbal and probably do an IMU calibration and found another issue that I can't explain. There doesn't seem to be a way to calibrate the IMU because with the arms closed it gets constant compass errors and magnetic interference errors. When I open the arms, it's fine again. The IMU calibration requires the arms to be closed... Something doesn't seem to be right here. Also while trying to get video I could not do it without getting all the static sound on my phone. Maybe that's normal but weird.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan