DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash led and lost camera glass lens

MavicProMatt

Reactions
I skimmed a pvc quad gate this weekend and the camera disconnected from the gimbal ring. I landed right away and the ribbon was I damaged. I snapped the camera back into the ring and was able to snap it all back together and get it working. Now it won't focus, after a closer look I noticed that the glass lens is missing. I am going to guess this is where my focus issue is coming from.

Anyone found a replacement lens yet? Or do I need to send it back to DJI for a repair?

Thanks MM
801493c2e2e35b77ac4dc103613d6534.jpg
20410d6f36ec1587b939cd701699e5f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

At least your gimbal did not break I too suffered from a cracked lens found a quick and easy fix for it

contact ThunderDrones on this site, he has them I think

contact ThunderDrones on this site, he has them I think
I found a company on eBay that sells tempered UV replacement glass for about $12 I replace my cracked lens with that and seems to be better than my original lens that has dust in it fitting isn't perfect but it's really close and only cost me $11 so I bought a couple extra

Horace951, can you post a link to that site please

There on eBay. There are many brands look this one up. This is the one I got works great.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-11-21-41-20.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-11-21-41-20.png
    383.9 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: Jclosada
It is the same thickness as the factory lens. When I match my broke one up to it. Word for me. Save me 400 on a new gimbal.

I have scratches on my lens & wondering if this replacement glass would swap out for the original? How would you get the original glass out & replace with new?
Anyone?
Thanks

I have scratches on my lens & wondering if this replacement glass would swap out for the original? How would you get the original glass out & replace with new?
Anyone?
Thanks
contact Thunderdrones on this site, he may have a new or secondhand lens.

I don't think that thin glass would affect focus when you can add an extra layer as ND with no ill effect.
If you have to send it in they'll just replace the whole camera.

Believe it or not the uv tempered glass that I ordered on eBay was just as thick as the original lens that came out of my Mavic. The way I got my lens out was just heating it up slightly with a blow dryer and using a needle at the edge of lens pry it up glass popped right out clean no residue behind.

This is a picture after replacing my lens with the eBay tempered glass UV lens not bad for $12 dollar fix.

Attachments

• IMG_20170514_213100_455.jpg
    IMG_20170514_213100_455.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
I'm afraid that the clear glass cover, doesn't really effect the focus. You can add UV neutral density filters, and the camera still focuses is my reasoning. So I think the focusing problem will still be there with another glass cover in place. I could be wrong, and this is an old thread, so does anyone know if I'm right. The focus command comes down the ribbon cable. Maybe it's wounded too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky