DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed doing a Point of Interest

Gheddo

Reactions
Was using the Mavic on a job for a client last week. I was doing a POI shot and we had a slight breeze didn't even get a heavy wind warning and it threw the mavic into a wall. A friend of mine was mentioning the props spinning slower than normal and I have to admit I'm pretty scared to take it up too far because it seems to be struggling in the wind. I'm wondering if this is a problem with mine in particular or is there a way to make the props spin faster?.

Here's a video of the incident:

The props are governed to a maximum RPM by the ESC. Prop rpm can be around 5000 - 5500. In the wind, they will fight to maintain steady rpm but in a strong wind they will drop.

Looks more like positioning error (e.g. low GPS signal, and the ground isn't very good for OPTI to help). It doesn't seem to have gone much more than 3m or so off track which is not very surprising.

Got to leave it more room. People tend to get overconfident with the precision of the onboard sensors.

Reactions: Former Member
It wasn't even a very strong wind though. But if the process is automatic then its fine. Its just making me a little more paranoid than normal. o_O

Looks more like positioning error (e.g. low GPS signal, and the ground isn't very good for OPTI to help). It doesn't seem to have gone much more than 3m or so off track which is not very surprising.

Got to leave it more room. People tend to get overconfident with the precision of the onboard sensors.
Oh I see. Well, thanks a lot. Did the shot successfully like 6 times and this was the only crash but I guess its to be expected?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green