DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Mavic pro into a tree now my gimbal is messed up

Or he could just fly it again in two days time and crash it again ;)

Sure they've had a few Refresh claims within days of activation after Christmas.
Absolutely!:p

Reactions: Jamescgrave
Most likely, however DJI’s protocol is to plug it in first and perform an analysis regardless if warrantable or covered by DJI Care Refresh.
Just after the holidays, this may take some time. If the dating of the activation of the AC and refresh are to close in activation and claim, they may question it.
Of course this would be only a possibility.
Hopefully the Op will have luck on his side.
I will continue to follow this thread and James, let us know how it’s going thru your repair or replace process.:cool:
I don't think they do check it.

There was a few threads on dji.com where people sent in a quad for a warranty crash issue but did not state manufacturing defect or whatever on the form.

They got a bill and when questioning the DJI reps on the forum it came down to no flight analysis was carried out because it was sent in as crashed and not warranty.

They stated that only warranty issues have the logs analyzed.

I think he will be ok. Fingers crossed.

Absolutely!:p
I don't think they do check it.

There was a few threads on dji.com where people sent in a quad for a warranty crash issue but did not state manufacturing defect or whatever on the form.

They got a bill and when questioning the DJI reps on the forum it came down to no flight analysis was carried out because it was sent in as crashed and not warranty.

They stated that only warranty issues have the logs analyzed.

I think he will be ok. Fingers crossed.
We can only hope it goes that way. Only time will tell.:)

I requested a repair postage sticker so hopefully, all goes well. Tbh it literally just looks like two snapped cables on the gimbal (Cheap to repair I hope) I will keep you all posted on how it goes. Thanks for your input guys, I'll be back zooming around soon :)

Reactions: Callum
I requested a repair postage sticker so hopefully, all goes well. Tbh it literally just looks like two snapped cables on the gimbal (Cheap to repair I hope) I will keep you all posted on how it goes. Thanks for your input guys, I'll be back zooming around soon :)

Don't think you can help the price, it's fixed at £79, right?

Tbh I'm not sure if I was in sport mode I just know I turned the beginner mode off. Any idea about my refresh issue ? Also have you any idea of the cost of repair? It seems the gimble is snapped but camera looks okay, it's not showing an image tho as I think a cable has snapped, funny enough I had the protective cover on and that doesn't have a scratch on it
I had a similar incident with a tree and caused damage to the gimbal and one of the legs.
Dji repaired it at a cost of 88 Euros. I thought that was very reasonable.

DJI Refresh replaces your aircraft for around $70 USD (first time, second replacement costs a bit more). Repairing the gimbal is an option, and while parts are relatively cheap, their labour charges are $65 USD/ hour. Of course, sending it to an authorized DJI repair facility would be the best option where they will determine what actual damage/assessed repair costs and send you an invoice for payment prior to any repairs contemplated. You will also have to upload flight records of a specific time period for their review.

All in all, DJI repair is very good and reasonable repair costs including aircraft turn around time.

Last edited:
Hi

I took my mavic out of the box today, I was flying for 11 minutes then it crashed into a huge tree, the gimble is completly messed up. My main issue now is I bought refresh care with it but it would not let me bind this due to (screen shot attached) I bought them at the same time and same store, is this going to affect my repair ? It's Sunday so I am snookered trying to get support. Any suggestions please ?
The Mavic did not crash YOU crashed into a tree. Be real here

Reactions: kakao
You could probably fix it yourself for around $10. I had a ripped gimbal cable which made the gimbal shake from left to right. It took about 2 hrs of work but it was worth it.

Easy fix, I crashed mine looks like the same damage, just need a gimbal flat cable, dampening board yours might need the other cable. Cost potentially $40 dollars AUD. YouTube the fix a crash and you should be right.

I had a similar issue. I plan to repair myself for under $80 for Gimbal assembly and plate. Looks like the MP is fairly easy to work on. Parts are all over ebay and Amazon.

The girl Anita at FixaCrash has some great repair videos.

Sorry!

The OP admits he was likely in sport mode and obviously had neglected to read the manual.

The Mavic could have come out of the box in sport mode, or the switch could have been thrown accidentally by the uninitiated when installing the device. It's happened to me.

Clearly pilot error and expecting DJI to make it right, refresh or no, is unreasonable in the extreme. This sort of thing is very likely typical of 90+% of all customer service requests to DJI and could certainly explain their attitude.

Hi

I took my mavic out of the box today, I was flying for 11 minutes then it crashed into a huge tree, the gimble is completly messed up. My main issue now is I bought refresh care with it but it would not let me bind this due to (screen shot attached) I bought them at the same time and same store, is this going to affect my repair ? It's Sunday so I am snookered trying to get support. Any suggestions please ?

Hope you get your Mavic sorted out.

You've had a grand total of 11 minutes of flying it so far, possibly in sport mode, and into a tree. Some good advice when you do get it fixed would be to find a large open tree-less and people free space, put it into beginner mode, and keep it in beginner mode until you understand how it functions. No one should be in sport mode 11 minutes out of the box unless they have prior drone experience, understand how their drone works having read the manual, or have a desire to have their new drone buried in a tree / fence / head. There's a wealth of knowledge on this forum, pre flight check lists, advice on where to fly as a newbie, how to set it up correctly, where to download the full manual etc etc - most of us spent time researching all that before we took delivery, and it pays off.... 200 flights later including 3 hours in beginner mode in my back garden moving around objects and not one crash yet!

Like I said, hope you get it fixed, these things are awesome when used properly. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Daoud333
93af852fc5dadf6498595a9ee2578f65.jpg

Face Palm!

Reactions: TomHTx
Hi Guys, Great news :) the cost of repair is only €75 they also offered my DJI Refresh option, I paid for the repairs and I will be back in the sky soon (Cautious and practising) :) Thanks everybody for the help.

Hi Guys, Great news :) the cost of repair is only €75 they also offered my DJI Refresh option, I paid for the repairs and I will be back in the sky soon (Cautious and practising) :) Thanks everybody for the help.
Great news mate, glad it worked out for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_