DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my drone in Cabo San Lucas

Eric

Reactions
Don't drink and fly kids.

Salvaged what I could with this video. My second drone video. I had so many plans for the video that I couldn't do since I crashed it day 2.

Good news is that after the painful experience of getting my drone repaired (actually replaced by DJI even though they told me they repaired) it's finally back in my hands and I can make more movies!

How did you crash it?

I was just there also in Feb and took mine To some of those exact spots. Makes for some great shots.

Reactions: Eric
How did you crash it?

Didn't I say drunk flying? J/K

Long story short, flew it into my balcony, I think they downward facing sensors freaked out when I flew over the rail and it shot up and hit the ceiling above me. Just glad it landed on the balcony and didn't go the other direction!

Reactions: Sir Francisc
Don't drink and fly kids.

Salvaged what I could with this video. My second drone video. I had so many plans for the video that I couldn't do since I crashed it day 2.

Good news is that after the painful experience of getting my drone repaired (actually replaced by DJI even though they told me they repaired) it's finally back in my hands and I can make more movies!

Really impressed with this. Well done.

Like the Whale shark not being frightened by the Mavic thrashing around underwater [emoji6]

Reactions: treytexag
Didn't I say drunk flying? J/K

Long story short, flew it into my balcony, I think they downward facing sensors freaked out when I flew over the rail and it shot up and hit the ceiling above me. Just glad it landed on the balcony and didn't go the other direction!

Wow I wonder if anyone else has success/failure with balcony landing.

I was at my apartment in Cali, Colombia two weeks ago and successfully took off and landed in my living room through the siding balcony door on the 12th floor.

I was really nervous the first time but after I did it once, it was fairly simple. Just be patient and it was easier for me to do it LOS instead of with the app.

Of course I was not drinking at the time either.

Never thought about the railing throwing off the sensors. I've had the the drone go crazy only twice: once above water and under a bridge at the same time, and the other was randomly in my living room where it missed my lit fireplace by 5". No idea why. I wasn't even touching the sticks.

Really impressed with this. Well done.

Like the Whale shark not being frightened by the Mavic thrashing around underwater [emoji6]
The underwater casing really knocks down the noise so they aren't bothered by it. Me thrashing around trying to keep up with them on the other hand....

Reactions: Soundtekk
Wow I wonder if anyone else has success/failure with balcony landing.

I was at my apartment in Cali, Colombia two weeks ago and successfully took off and landed in my living room through the siding balcony door on the 12th floor.

I was really nervous the first time but after I did it once, it was fairly simple. Just be patient and it was easier for me to do it LOS instead of with the app.

Of course I was not drinking at the time either.

Never thought about the railing throwing off the sensors. I've had the the drone go crazy only twice: once above water and under a bridge at the same time, and the other was randomly in my living room where it missed my lit fireplace by 5". No idea why. I wasn't even touching the sticks.

I've landed on my deck at home which has a fairly small space to fly into if I land in the covered section and no problem. There seems to be a lack of consistency on the downward-facing sensors. I try now to turn them off in a lot of situations.

Ive done balcony landings like ten times in my place though my neighbors are starting to get irritated thing is u gotta watch the drainage pipes hit them almost three times missed by like 6 inches

Nice video. Were you using filters on the opening scenes over the beach and water? What setting were you using. Like the results.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dtcexpress1