DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Mavic 2 Zoom

GoGo22

Reactions
i flew my Mavic 2 Zoom that day with 3 battery’s without an issue. On my last battery my mavic crashed, after a POi which i just had finished but i would like to know why. İ guess because of 1 of my blades of my props broke during flight as when i found my drone all props were ok just 1 prop was missing a blade. Also This crash had broke the arm of my drone but i have let it fixed here in Turkey for a reasonable price. But im still curious about why the drone crashed, i had no control over it.

Here are the logs:

Link 1

Link 2

Had my log uploaded to 2 sites so thats why i added 2 links. Thanks in advance.

No worries it happens. The camera is the most expensive part of the drone. Open a ticket with us and we will take a look at it for free and get you a quote. Mention mavicpilots and we will discount you $35 off. That repair is less than 2 hours of labor. We will get you back flying quickly. Send it in immediately after creating a ticket. We’re happy to help.

Reactions: GoGo22
The txt log has some unusual features - can you retrieve and post the mobile device DAT file (FLY028.DAT) for that flight?

Mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

thanks for looking in to it Sar104, i could not add it here as an attachment (it seems to be too large) so uploaded the DAT file to the internet:

Link

Hope its the correct one you mentioned FLY028.DAT so this must be it ☺️

Hi sar104, did you had the chance to look in to the DAT file i posted in my post earlier?

Thnx in advance.

Sorry - I missed your post.

By virtually any metric I checked, the FC completely lost the plot. It was not a lost prop - it was widespread failure of the aircraft control system:

For example, the only consistent vertical data there are the GPS values. The rest are clearly garbage - the aircraft was not inverted, was not descending at 125 mph, and didn't end up 300 meters below sea level.

Looking more broadly:

The motor data suggest that the problem started at 802 seconds, but it's hard to pin down the source. The event stream is full of errors. I'm really not sure what happened.

@BudWalker?

Also keep in mind at least one member here posted about how his Mavic flew home with most of a single blade missing. It was making a horrible noise from being imbalanced, but made it just the same, so your missing one may be at the crash site still.

By virtually any metric I checked, the FC completely lost the plot. It was not a lost prop - it was widespread failure of the aircraft control system:

View attachment 78630

For example, the only consistent vertical data there are the GPS values. The rest are clearly garbage - the aircraft was not inverted, was not descending at 125 mph, and didn't end up 300 meters below sea level.

Looking more broadly:

View attachment 78631

The motor data suggest that the problem started at 802 seconds, but it's hard to pin down the source. The event stream is full of errors. I'm really not sure what happened.

@BudWalker?

Thanks for looking in to it, hmm this scares me then :( this could happen again then?

The broken drone arm is fixed and after that i flew a couple of times again but now i know it was not a prop/blade issue, im fearing that there is an issue with my drone where this error(s) can happen again :s

Also keep in mind at least one member here posted about how his Mavic flew home with most of a single blade missing. It was making a horrible noise from being imbalanced, but made it just the same, so your missing one may be at the crash site still.

The crash site was in Turkey,İn the mean time im back home in Amsterdam. But thanks for your info, i was guessing but it was indeed not a prop/blade issue it seems :s

Reactions: AMann
Hello, I have a lot of people with various resources recommended to contact you. I want to ask you for help in finding Mavik. he made an emergency landing due to the low battery charge and at a height of 12 meters and 700 meters away from me, the drone was at that moment in motion. I searched for him for 4 days at the site of the signal break, unsuccessfully. At least in what direction should I look for it or is it useless. Thanks a lot in advance.View attachment DJIFlightRecord_2019-07-23_[13-49-30].txtView attachment 78640

Hello, I have a lot of people with various resources recommended to contact you. I want to ask you for help in finding Mavik. he made an emergency landing due to the low battery charge and at a height of 12 meters and 700 meters away from me, the drone was at that moment in motion. I searched for him for 4 days at the site of the signal break, unsuccessfully. At least in what direction should I look for it or is it useless. Thanks a lot in advance.View attachment 78641View attachment 78640

There's a lot that I do not understand about that flight. Did the app crash 3 minutes into the flight? Why did you launch with the gimbal cover still on, and ignore all the warnings? And why didn't you just let it RTH, which it kept trying to do, instead flying it further away again as the battery approached critical?

Anyway - the only slight confusion over where it landed arises because right to the end you continued to apply full forward elevator and seemingly random rudder inputs.

When it lost connection at 763 m from the recorded HP and around 14 m AGL it was traveling SSW at around 12 m/s and descending at around 1 m/s. If it lost uplink at around the same time then it will have traveled another 20 m or so before landing. That puts it as shown below - on or near the road.

Reactions: Colnago.dp

View attachment 78630

Looking more broadly:

View attachment 78631

@BudWalker?

IMU1 has more believable data. The raw barometric data is the same but IMU0 produced incorrect smoothed barometric data.

But, it seems that IMU0 was active but can't be sure. This .DAT was particularly bad in terms of corrupted records, particularly those records providing info about the record structures.

IMU1 has more believable data. The raw barometric data is the same but IMU0 produced incorrect smoothed barometric data.
View attachment 78653

But, it seems that IMU0 was active but can't be sure. This .DAT was particularly bad in terms of corrupted records, particularly those records providing info about the record structures.

So can we say that there was an issue with the IMU ?? Its been a while since i did an IMU calibration, could that be the issue ? Flew couple of times with the drone, dont want it to happen again, so im a bit worried now :S

So can we say that there was an issue with the IMU ?? Its been a while since i did an IMU calibration, could that be the issue ? Flew couple of times with the drone, dont want it to happen again, so im a bit worried now :S
I'm with @sar104 on this, i.e. we don't really know what the problem is. I was just pointing out something odd in the hope that it might lead to someone to have a more significant insight.

we don't really know what the problem is.

That part scares me :( Well we will see, i hope it wont happen again.

Any way, thanks for looking in to it sar104 and BudWalker. Really appreciate it ;)

View attachment 78653

IMU1 barometric is better, but still wrong, and IMU1 still has a completely unphysical solution for the vertical velocity. With such extensive errors I'd have very little confidence in this aircraft. Perhaps an IMU calibration would clear things up, but these do not look like calibration offsets - these suggest that something fundamental is broken.

Reactions: BudWalker
Hello! Thanks for the answer. the fact is that I assembled this mavik in parts, I got it after a strong fall. I ordered the necessary parts from China, the only part that didn’t come to me was the camera suspension control loop, so the camera at the time of the flight was partially immobilized, I saw the image on the phone depending on the drone’s incline in flight. Recently, I learned from Google maps about a mysterious place near my house and as it turned out there are a lot of them in the area for these places for more than 1000 years and there is little information about them, where are the ancient rituals, I decided to fly to one such place. the flight went well, although the terrain map did not load, and I needed to land a drone, but there was a man with me in the car who asked me to show the lake on our side. I thought that there’s a couple more minutes, the lake is nearby, but after a couple of revolutions I lost my rent in space, I saw the fields from the camera, I was sure that I’m in a completely different place when I flew over the road the road was already sitting down although I wanted to fly over it but not already, on both sides the trees were visible and passing cars at the last half moment began to turn in the direction of the trees and the connection was lost. I immediately went behind the drone but didn’t find it, and then I looked at where the drone is using the application, after 10 minutes I was at the site of loss of communication, the console was always on but the connection did not appear. in the application, find my drone drone directed nose in the opposite direction from the one indicated on the flight record. tell me on the remaining charge he could fly to the take-off point? If he were above the trees, would he sit there or fly off to a more suitable place or fly a distance by inertia after a loss of communication and sit where the commandos stopped coming?

На изображении видно что направление коптера разное на последнем кадре записи полета и приложении поиск моего дрона, хотя место одно и тоже...Screenshot_2019-07-24-08-04-21-938_dji.go.v4.jpeg

I did all the searches for the drone just in the radius that you indicated, even a little more by 10 meters approximately. the search is sweetened by tall dry grass and very dense trees and shrubs along the fields. Do you think the drone would land on the tops of the trees or not? В конце три фото места иза которого получился этот полет. место аномальное и загадочное, ученые не знают когда и как она появилось и для чего точно предназночалось. Меня подвело любопытство.IMG_20190725_131851.jpegIMG_20190725_130258.jpegorg_a87cdeaf2387ce0a_1563879266000.jpegIMG_20190723_155835.jpegScreenshot_2019-07-23-09-08-04-143_com.android.chrome.jpeg

IMU1 barometric is better, but still wrong, and IMU1 still has a completely unphysical solution for the vertical velocity. With such extensive errors I'd have very little confidence in this aircraft. Perhaps an IMU calibration would clear things up, but these do not look like calibration offsets - these suggest that something fundamental is broken.

An update in my situation, after you wrote this i put my drone for sale, and sold it today. Lost trust in that drone so will buy me another Maviz 2 Zoom :)

Any way thanks for all the help @sar104 and @BudWalker ☺️

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark