DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Mavic Pro

RickJW

Reactions
Backed into a tree and dropped to the ground. Once hitting the gravel, all props were sheared off. Had to open one motor to remove grit. I believe I got all of the grit out. Put new props on and now the MP won't hover without drifting up, down and sideways. Is there a calibration that I should do in case the impact changed something? The fall was from about 20' at the most.
Thanks for any input,
Rick

Backed into a tree and dropped to the ground. Once hitting the gravel, all props were sheared off. Had to open one motor to remove grit. I believe I got all of the grit out. Put new props on and now the MP won't hover without drifting up, down and sideways. Is there a calibration that I should do in case the impact changed something? The fall was from about 20' at the most.
Thanks for any input,
Rick
Sorry to hear the bad news.

I would recalibrate everything if that were my drone, just to be on the safe side and go from there.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Send a note to Rob @Thunderdrones - always a good source of info.

Hi, just out of interest I looked at your eBay site & it only had one item on it. Looked at “other items for sale” tab and only got the same item. Not sure if that’s right or something gone wrong on eBay, thought you should know. Take care and catch you later. Peter

After many tries to calibrate the IMU, I had to give up. Not at any time did I find a blue camera button to start the procedure. Just opened the main screen.

Hi, just out of interest I looked at your eBay site & it only had one item on it. Looked at “other items for sale” tab and only got the same item. Not sure if that’s right or something gone wrong on eBay, thought you should know. Take care and catch you later. Peter
Thanks for letting me know, Peter. Maybe a glitch on eBay - everything is showing up okay here.

After many tries to calibrate the IMU, I had to give up. Not at any time did I find a blue camera button to start the procedure. Just opened the main screen.
Dummy me! Finially realized I wasn't paying attention to the images changing orientation to continue the sequence. Finished the procedure just fine.
Thanks for the responses.
Rick

Reactions: mereflyer and Gazmg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjiekun