DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Crimson red colors in the mountains of BC, Canada

DMD Cine Attic

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com

Coquihalla simply never disappoints ! My plans for the fall colors trip were slightly altered due to forest fires and I'm glad they did. My buddy and I revisited Coquihalla for 6 days and it greeted us with crazy crimson red colors of blueberry shrubs. I was more careful and deliberate to block the opposing sunlight that backlit the shrubs and popped up the colors, it is a mindboggling sight and a little more challenging to capture, but I think it worked this time. Mainly because we had plenty more sunshine, time and an unusually warm weather for this time of year. Again, I was fascinated by the shapes of the fallen wind-battered, Sun-bleached tree trunks strewn on the ridges. It was a gory scene when viewed from above, it looked like bones of prehistoric animals on a battlefield. Loved it ! :)))

Outstanding photography and a well done video. Thank you for sharing. The Mini 2 is very capable in the right hands, as you have shown. What did you use for a other cameras?

Reactions: DMD Cine Attic
Superb, as usual, DMD.

As a lifetime (76 years) British Columbian, I still can’t believe they let us live here.

Did you ever get your “unmolested 10 bit footage” sample?

Outstanding photography and a well done video. Thank you for sharing. The Mini 2 is very capable in the right hands, as you have shown. What did you use for a other cameras?
Thank youfor the kind words, Mini 2 is definitely not "mini" when it comes to its capabilities. The other camera I use is a mouthful, Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera 4k :) with Carl Zeiss Contax distagon and Pentax lenses.

Superb, as usual, DMD.

As a lifetime (76 years) British Columbian, I still can’t believe they let us live here.

Did you ever get your “unmolested 10 bit footage” sample?
Yes I did, got a number of samples, good ppl of internet directed me to sites with samples available for download. What has been your experience with mini3 when it comes to grading 10bit so far ?

Yes I did, got a number of samples, good ppl of internet directed me to sites with samples available for download. What has been your experience with mini3 when it comes to grading 10bit so far ?
I’m in a unique situation here. Forest fire smoke has prevented a good evaluation of the Mini 3 colour performance since I got it in September. Resolve lets me produce acceptable colour, but I’m sure I’m not seeing it at its best.

The camera is excellent, though. Perhaps a little too much sharpening, still. I’m finding the h.265 codec similar, but maybe superior to, the Mini 2. Too soon to evaluate. Certainly the smaller files are welcome when shooting 4K 60. D-Cinelike definitely provides a less brittle file for grading. Not RAW, but better than MJPG. Resolve loves it.

The automated moves and tracking features are a huge benefit for my inept stick skills. The RC controller offers a much smoother flight experience than my Mini 2 and a more compact, elegant solution. If there was some way to move gimbal tilt away from the pan/climb hand, it’d be WAY better. Three control axes on one hand is unnecessarily difficult to manage, just like on the Mini 2.

HUGELY welcome is the liberating experience of the big batteries. Quite surprising how much difference that makes.

I’m 76. My days of hiking to mosquito-infested high mountain ridges at dawn are unfortunately behind me. Thanks for preserving those magic experiences for all of us.

I’m in a unique situation here. Forest fire smoke has prevented a good evaluation of the Mini 3 colour performance since I got it in September. Resolve lets me produce acceptable colour, but I’m sure I’m not seeing it at its best.

The camera is excellent, though. Perhaps a little too much sharpening, still. I’m finding the h.265 codec similar, but maybe superior to, the Mini 2. Too soon to evaluate. Certainly the smaller files are welcome when shooting 4K 60. D-Cinelike definitely provides a less brittle file for grading. Not RAW, but better than MJPG. Resolve loves it.

The automated moves and tracking features are a huge benefit for my inept stick skills. The RC controller offers a much smoother flight experience than my Mini 2 and a more compact, elegant solution. If there was some way to move gimbal tilt away from the pan/climb hand, it’d be WAY better. Three control axes on one hand is unnecessarily difficult to manage, just like on the Mini 2.

HUGELY welcome is the liberating experience of the big batteries. Quite surprising how much difference that makes.

I’m 76. My days of hiking to mosquito-infested high mountain ridges at dawn are unfortunately behind me. Thanks for preserving those magic experiences for all of us.
Thank you soooo much for the response, let's wait and see what black friday brings if anything. I know what you mean, my lower back is telling me that things are not the way they used to be, hauling all that gear for days is not appreciated by my spine and it is more and more vocal about it. I'm a little concerned to say the least. One season at a time I guess ...

That's some Middle Earth quality stuff right there. Beautifully done.
Are we talking Tolkien Middle Earth here ? I like the sound of that :).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev