DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cruise Control Crash

With no view of satellites, GPS stops working under the bridge and metal can affect the compass. It will go into Atti mode which is totally manual control, and no auto braking. In short..don't fly under things unless prepared for the unexpected.

Reactions: RexAsh
Similar threads have been COMBINED!!

When you get a flyaway replacement does it come with a battery, I know that regular crash you dont get one unless you send one in. But what about flyaway?
For all to know, Dji contacted me and said “For the DJI Mini 4 Pro aircraft, the DJI Care flyaway coverage service is USD 235. The DJI Care Refresh replacement package will include the aircraft body, one battery, and two pairs of propellers.”

From the Mini 4 Pro manual:
View attachment 171433
If the drone was in Sport mode, OA would not be operating. If it was in Normal mode, I suspect that it's possible the speed could be great enough that the drone couldn't stop in time after sensing the obstacle.
I just checked and I saw that I was in Normal the whole flight. I don’t understand why It didn’t bypass, I guess you were right about It not being able to break. I thought that cruise control would make it smoother by making it so I didn’t accidentally move the sticks in the wrong direction. I learned my lesson on that.
The first drone I had with APAS was my Mav 2 zoom. Tested that thoroughly because I wasn't sure it could be trusted. Found out that speed is definitely a factor even if you don't have it going like a stabbed rat, slow (5-10mph) and the drone tried to take avoiding action. Any faster and all it wanted to do was head-butt the obstacle. I've also seen the latest version of O/A react very quickly and violently, throwing the drone into danger in the opposite direction to the original obstacle. A slow trial flight and setting waypoints at known safe points gives me a short waypoint 'mission' that can then be run safely and at speed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian