DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal Sky (Any flavor) vs. iPhone

rfc

Reactions
Would anyone who has used both care to comment on how well the app works on either platform? I've read that IOS is better supported by DJI, and runs GO4 better than on Android. But it seems that if the Crystal Sky is a dedicated platform; i.e. no other apps running, you'd think it'd run great and have great support.

I'm mainly interested in how the software runs; I know battery life and brightness of the CS beats the socks off iPhone (I have an 8).

I have used both and the CS being a dedicated android stripped down works very good with GO4. Some have had problems of it locking up and having to reopen the app but that has not happened yet for me in over 30 flights. They have been a little slow to update the GO4 app to the latest version but I don't use the options that it would enable anyway. That should answer your question on which one they support first being apple, then android, and someday CS. I would add that I never had a glitch running IOS either.

I’ve recently used from IOS to the CS and software wise finding it all runs the same

Great news

Hi guys,

After meeting more and more crashes with GO4 on my Android Phone (that I completely dedicated to DJIGO4), I'm thinking about buying a Crystal Sky 5.5.
I wonder if it worth the price...
I guess CS must be better than a android phone, because it's a DJI product and it's made only for piloting their drones, and running the GO4 app.

I would like some feedback about CrystalSky, of how it works and if there are some issues known on it, and if it worth its price, finally.
I can't fly anymore without being completely scaried to lost my Mavic Pro due to app crash...

For the little story, I started with a old android device, which was not enough powerful to run DJIGO4, and then asked myself on what should I use... Android device or IOS... I chosen Android (even of bad reputation with DJIGO4) because there was some cheap phones with larger screens than Iphones (for the same prices) and enough power to run GO4. I hesitate a long time between that kind of phone or a Ipad mini, but the Ipad is way too big for me, as I'm always hiking , and skiing in mountains. It could simply not fit in my backpack...

Thank you guys, a feed back could be very appreciated!!!

Im thinking the problem is with your hardware. Old or cheap dont make the best platforms. I alternate between a galaxys s8+, ipad pro and crystal sky. To be honest i have no problem with any of them and if i take the screens out of the equation, i wouldn't be able to rank one higher than the other. They all work flawlessly and do the job

Reactions: rfc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes