DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal Sky monitors don't work with Mavic 2

Sell your CS and get an IPhone. Clearly DJI doesn’t support a product they make or sell. That should tell you something!

Reactions: dewster
Nope. But at least the iPhone works with your drone. Your CS sure won’t.

Wait....mine does but it will let you get about a football field away before it loses reception. It does make a good paper weight. Also, when the power goes out the screen doubles as a flashlight.

News to me too. I don't have the 2 yet so good to know.

Reactions: dewster
That’s news!

I’m sure they will come out with a update that will support their new products.

I really recommend that you email DJI or fill out a support form on their website and let them know that you want a Crystalsky firmware update. Although DJI does have reps posting in and monitoring various forums, that doesn't mean our disastisfaction is making it into their system. A recent post over on DJI's official forum has a user who claims that DJI sent him an email stating that they have "no current plans for further development of Crystalsky at this time". If you want Crystalsky to work with the Mavic 2, you have to be proactive and let them know. The lack of Crystalsky support is unacceptable considering this is DJI's own premium, proprietary product. But they won't do anything unless people speak up!

Or if you stop buying the products they don’t support....that sends a louder message.

I can just imagine the comments posted if DJI had said they where going to delay release of the new Mavics until they had crystal sky compatibility sorted out......

You must have had some sort of a ‘run in’ with DJI. What’s your problem?

The only problem I have is paying $1000 for a product that isn’t supported by the company that sold it.

I’m a huge proponent of DJI. I have a ton of their products. Please take a look at my other posts.

Let’s be honest, the CrystalSky is not their best product. People need to know the facts before they dump $1000 on a device that is not working with the drone they might buy.....from the same company.

Based on your experience Trolleydodger using your CS with your MP2, what’s your experience?

Reactions: superdave5050
Hi Soft7,
I have no experience with either the CS or MP2. I’m kinda new to this forum thing, participating merely to learn. I took a look at some of your previous posts at your beckoning and discovered you are indeed a champion of DJI products.

My only experience with DJI products is my current setup of an MP (not even a Platinum) and an iPad mini 4 (probably not as bright as a CS). Having less than 50 hours of flight time, I’m surely in the ‘newbie’ category.

Your statement of “clearly DJI doesn’t support a product they make and sell” indicates to me you are not pleased. Why would you support a company with such a record?

Hi Soft7,
I have no experience with either the CS or MP2. I’m kinda new to this forum thing, participating merely to learn. I took a look at some of your previous posts at your beckoning and discovered you are indeed a champion of DJI products.

My only experience with DJI products is my current setup of an MP (not even a Platinum) and an iPad mini 4 (probably not as bright as a CS). Having less than 50 hours of flight time, I’m surely in the ‘newbie’ category.

Your statement of “clearly DJI doesn’t support a product they make and sell” indicates to me you are not pleased. Why would you support a company with such a record?

Welcome to the forum. A lot of good people here with a lot of knowledge.

“Clearly DJI doesn’t support a product they make and sell” is in reference to the CrystalSky specifically. It does not mean that DJI is a horrible company, or I don’t support them. I’m just trying to inform any potential CS buyers of the facts. If you buy the CS and the MP2, they don’t work together. It’s a fact. Hopefully that will change in the near future.

The CrystalSky has a magnificent bright screen. It’s way way brighter than any iPhone or IPad. That does you no good when you can’t use it.

Reactions: superdave5050
Welcome to the forum. A lot of good people here with a lot of knowledge.

“Clearly DJI doesn’t support a product they make and sell” is in reference to the CrystalSky specifically. It does not mean that DJI is a horrible company, or I don’t support them. I’m just trying to inform any potential CS buyers of the facts. If you buy the CS and the MP2, they don’t work together. It’s a fact. Hopefully that will change in the near future.

The CrystalSky has a magnificent bright screen. It’s way way brighter than any iPhone or IPad. That does you no good when you can’t use it.
Supposedly, there should be an update available for download today, but nothing as of now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer