DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky comes without charging cable!

Cyclone1

Reactions
After a few slip ups, my Crystalsky ultra bright monitor finally arrived. Unfortunately, it did not come with a cord to connect the charger to 110 outlet. Any suggestions?

It states on page 3 of instructions for Crystalsky downloaded from Dji store you receive charging hub .You do not connect this to 110/240 volts you use your own charger from drone for batteries etc to connect to charging hub.Since i do not own a Crystalsky i may be wrong but if i am correct and you plug charging hub into mains power then it will bang and jump of the floor a little followed with perhaps a puff of smoke.
If you still require a cord i would assume it is a" figure of eight" available from most electrical outlets for approx £4 UK

Attachments

• 0DC6DA97-C614-46AC-BEB6-4F5F7CA636B2.png
    0DC6DA97-C614-46AC-BEB6-4F5F7CA636B2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
It states on page 3 of instructions for Crystalsky downloaded from Dji store you receive charging hub .You do not connect this to 110/240 volts you use your own charger from drone for batteries etc to connect to charging hub.Since i do not own a Crystalsky i may be wrong but if i am correct and you plug charging hub into mains power then it will bang and jump of the floor a little followed with perhaps a puff of smoke.
If you still require a cord i would assume it is a" figure of eight" available from most electrical outlets for approx £4 UK

The CrystalSky charger is supplied power using either an inspire or phantom power supply. The cable used to charge the inspire/phantom is also used to connect to the CrystalSky charger.

Crstalsky monitors are not compatible with Mavic Air, and perhaps many other DJI drones! A simple note in regard to compatibility would have avoided a friggin HUGE waste of my time and $$$!

Crstalsky monitors are not compatible with Mavic Air, and perhaps many other DJI drones! A simple note in regard to compatibility would have avoided a friggin HUGE waste of my time and $$$!
What part of the CRYSTALSKY monitor is not compatible with the MAVIC AIR and perhaps other DJI DRONES. I used mine with my MAVIC SPARK and now my MAVIC AIR and my MAVIC2 ZOOM and have no problems. The charging is done by removing the battery and using a charging hub into mains power 110/240v

Attachments

• crystal.jpg
    crystal.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 23
After speaking with DJI about charging the Crystal Sky and getting no answers, I asked if it was compatible with mavic air. The representative wrote back NO it wasn't. See screen shot attached.

Screenshot_20190202-163232.jpg

Last edited:
The CS itself is compatible with all Phantoms and Mavics that use Go 3 or 4. Granted there have been delays in CS updates to accommodate new drones. Otherwise they connect the same way as any other Android mobile device.

The issue is about charging. The CS does not come with a charger because it was intended that you use the Phantom charger in the same way you charge the Phantom RC. I agree it should come with a charger, but you can easily purchase one or get an adapter that will let you use your Mavic charger as if the CS were an AC battery.

Reactions: Sprinter
The CS itself is compatible with all Phantoms and Mavics that use Go 3 or 4. Granted there have been delays in CS updates to accommodate new drones. Otherwise they connect the same way as any other Android mobile device.

The issue is about charging. The CS does not come with a charger because it was intended that you use the Phantom charger in the same way you charge the Phantom RC. I agree it should come with a charger, but you can easily purchase one or get an adapter that will let you use your Mavic charger as if the CS were an AC battery.
Thanks for the reply. I ordered one yesterday from Amazon that looks like it will work.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark