DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CSVView "it is open in another application"

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
@BudWalker

I get the error "it is open in another application" when trying to "Load Workspace" a .CSV file. I've closed various apps that might touch it and I've restarted CSVView but that error keeps coming up. An lsof does not find any files related to .csv's attached to any processes.

Anyone?

@BudWalker

I get the error "it is open in another application" when trying to "Load Workspace" a .CSV file. I've closed various apps that might touch it and I've restarted CSVView but that error keeps coming up. An lsof does not find any files related to .csv's attached to any processes.

Anyone?
I need to know a little more. Which version of CsvView? Windows or MacOS? You are the first user, AFAIK, that has attempted to use this feature. It's meant to be used in conjunction with another user who performs a "Export Workspace". Instead of having to Dropbox a .DAT and posting a link the .csv is zipped and that .zip can be attached directly to a post here in this forum. The Load Workspace unzips the .zip and recovers the .csv. Sounds almost like you are attempting to use Load Workspace to read a .csv; but that isn't possible because the File Dialog will only accept a .zip. BTW, I'd like to point to the User Manual for an explanation but it seems to have been excluded in one of the updates to the UM.

I need to know a little more. Which version of CsvView? Windows or MacOS? You are the first user, AFAIK, that has attempted to use this feature. It's meant to be used in conjunction with another user who performs a "Export Workspace". Instead of having to Dropbox a .DAT and posting a link the .csv is zipped and that .zip can be attached directly to a post here in this forum. The Load Workspace unzips the .zip and recovers the .csv. Sounds almost like you are attempting to use Load Workspace to read a .csv; but that isn't possible because the File Dialog will only accept a .zip. BTW, I'd like to point to the User Manual for an explanation but it seems to have been excluded in one of the updates to the UM.

Oh crap. Never mind. Was using wrong method.

OTOH, I do get "Can't populate signals" errors when trying to load a .CSV pulled off of PhantomHelp.

Right, CsvView won't accept the .csv generated by PhantomHelp. The log files that CsvView can accept are described here. I need to change the error message to say something more informative. You can download the original .txt from PhantomHelp and submit that to CsvView. Except... if you're running on a Mac. I seem to recall that's what you're doing. So, you'll have to use TXTToCSVTool (look here) , that runs only on a PC, to first convert the .txt to a .csv which CsvView does accept.

Right, CsvView won't accept the .csv generated by PhantomHelp. The log files that CsvView can accept are described here. I need to change the error message to say something more informative. You can download the original .txt from PhantomHelp and submit that to CsvView. Except... if you're running on a Mac. I seem to recall that's what you're doing. So, you'll have to use TXTToCSVTool (look here) , that runs only on a PC, to first convert the .txt to a .csv which CsvView does accept.

Well I can install that in a VM that I run (WinXP) on the Mac. Will that run in WinXP?

If it's 64 bit. And, the Java has to be 64 bit.

Then I'm screwed here. Maybe it's 64 bit at work and I can translate it there and Dropbox it back.

Or maybe I'll suss out the differences and write a Mac compatible converter in Pascal - that compiled in 32 or 64 would not make much difference in runtime for textfile-textfile conversions. Any hints there would be useful.

Then I'm screwed here. Maybe it's 64 bit at work and I can translate it there and Dropbox it back.

Or maybe I'll suss out the differences and write a Mac compatible converter in Pascal - that compiled in 32 or 64 would not make much difference in runtime for textfile-textfile conversions. Any hints there would be useful.
Actually, there is a somewhat roundabout way forward. TXTToCSVTool will run on a 32 bit windows. So convert the .txt to a .csv using TXTToCSVTool under VM/WinXP. And, then submit that .csv to CsvView.

If it's 64 bit. And, the Java has to be 64 bit.

I'm using CsvView on a 64 bit window 10 system and love it. But, when I try to run on an older 64 bit system with windows 7 which now has 64 bit and 32 bit Java installed, I still get the following error message "64 bit Java is required but a 32 bit Java has been detected. Press this button for instructions to download and install 64 bit Java". I also changed the PATH environment variable to C:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_161 and If I rename C:\program files (x86)\java file it errors with a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment. Do I need to change additional path variables for it to run?

I'm using CsvView on a 64 bit window 10 system and love it. But, when I try to run on an older 64 bit system with windows 7 which now has 64 bit and 32 bit Java installed, I still get the following error message "64 bit Java is required but a 32 bit Java has been detected. Press this button for instructions to download and install 64 bit Java". I also changed the PATH environment variable to C:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_161 and If I rename C:\program files (x86)\java file it errors with a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment. Do I need to change additional path variables for it to run?
Take a look at
Environment variables for java installation

Reactions: Dronedevices
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan