DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Curacao drone regulations

Ok great, I go next week. I have the proper paperwork. So you didn’t declare the drone at customs - just kept it in your bag?
Yes, that is correct, I just put my dji bag with drone/batteries/controller through xrays and picked it up and customs did not stop me or anything, just like a normal backpack.

I am leaving for Curacao next week and really want to bring my Inspire 2 with me. I have sent emails to every person on this chain and attached my drone registration form. How long did it take to get a response? If I do not get a response or prior approval, is it worth it just bringing the drone and dealing with it there?

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

As I recall, I got a response in about 3-4 days later. In my case, I was asked to show proper documentation after xray. I had my drone packed in a dedicated hardcase with other accessories.

I am leaving for Curacao next week and really want to bring my Inspire 2 with me. I have sent emails to every person on this chain and attached my drone registration form. How long did it take to get a response? If I do not get a response or prior approval, is it worth it just bringing the drone and dealing with it there?

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

Curacao can be a slow process in many things related to the government, but my experience in January and the reported experiences of several in the earlier posts in this thread suggests that they have been doing fairly well with the drone registration process. AFAIK, there are 'single points of contact' persons for CCAA and BTP for drone registration.

Keep pounding on the email addresses for CCAA and BTP. Someone in a post above said he tried a couple of general addresses at BTP as well as a 'backdoor', and that might be a good idea for both BTP and CCAA.

On my two trips this year, I was asked about the drone at Customs, but when I described the size of the Mavic Pros I had with me they did not want to see paperwork or the drones themselves. I'm sure that your Inspire would be viewed differently.

My understanding is that if you arrive with a drone without paperwork, Customs *may* hold it until you acquire the required registrations at CCAA and BTP. You *really* want to avoid this, as it can be a time-consuming process to make the appointments required and travel to the two government offices, and it might be possible that the only person able to help might be off-island. Keep working on the online registration efforts!

Ok great, I go next week. I have the proper paperwork. So you didn’t declare the drone at customs - just kept it in your bag?
I've been to curaçao in september, i had the authorization (BTP) as well and the same happens! I did not declared the drone. I waited for the custom agent to asked me and he didin't. I went through custons and nobady asked for the papers! I took my dji spark and flight over playa lagun and klein curaçao with high velocity winds and had no problens! Over klein curaçao island the winds were very high and was more apprehensive but i manage to make some nice videos!
Below is the contact of the person in curaçao who helped me to get the paperwork. You just need to send him a email asking the details about the drone regulations in curaçao and he will send you the docs you need to provide.

ing. Rochello Viceisza
Technical Affairs Officer
Beatrixlaan 9
Curacao
Phone: +599 9 463 1749
Fax: +599 9 736 5265
E-mail: [email protected]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads