DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Davinci Resolve Transition problem - newbie here.

Donnie

Reactions
Hi all, so having made my first video using Davinci Resolve 16 free version I want to add some transitions but am getting nowhere. If you look at this guys youtube at one minute, he drags the transition between the clips and it equally covers both by a set amount but when I try this I cannot get that to happen?
Anyone else had this problem?

That drove me crazy for a while, too! It happens if you try to apply a transition when there are too few frames in a clip (on one side or the other) to accomplish the transition. Most often (for me) this happens when I try to transition into the very first few frames (or out of the very last few frames) of a clip. The solution is to trim the problem clip a bit, to give Resolve enough extra video frames to work with. (This is documented, but not terribly well.)

Reactions: Donnie
I’ve also ran into that issue when I didn’t have my view magnified enough. Drag the play head to the center of where you want the transition then magnify you view. It usually helps to move the plau head out of the way once you magnify it.

Reactions: Donnie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet