DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro First try at Light Painting

RAC DJI

Reactions
Hi,
This is my first try at Light Painting. As usual it’s hard to plan for everything on your first try. But all in all I was happy with the results.
There are a few changes to make before my next outing.
1) turn off or cover the nav lights on the front legs as you can see them blinking in the exposure.
2) correct some of the waypoint locations to smooth things out.
3) move the object closer to the ground and a bit further away to get some objects in the foreground and background for prospective.
4) better timing of opening and closing the shutter to prevent the bright spot at the beginning and end of the exposure.

Now that it was somewhat successful I’m going to make the changes and move to a more secluded lake and take advantage of the upcoming new moon.

IMG_2124.jpegIMG_2125.jpeg

Last edited:
Very good!

Reactions: sarahb
That’s super awesome!!

About how many waypoints did that take?

Did you do the “painting” directly overhead with all waypoints at the same altitude?

This is my first try at Light Painting. As usual it’s hard to plan for everything on your first try. But all in all I was happy with the results.
That's really cool. I'm curious if you used my utility to rotate that mission?

If so, something I suggest to others is to place a POI at the location of your land camera when you bring the rotated mission back into Litchi's Mission Hub. If your default "Gimbal Pitch Mode" is set to "Focus POI", the heading of all of your waypoints will point to your land camera. This will cause your drone to always point directly at your camera as it flies the mission, resulting in a consistent light intensity throughout the painting process.

Yours is a beautiful example.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
That’s super awesome!!

About how many waypoints did that take?

Did you do the “painting” directly overhead with all waypoints at the same altitude?
Thanks, there were 84 waypoints and they were rotated with Litchi Waypoint Utilities.

That's really cool. I'm curious if you used my utility to rotate that mission?

If so, something I suggest to others is to place a POI at the location of your land camera when you bring the rotated mission back into Litchi's Mission Hub. If your default "Gimbal Pitch Mode" is set to "Focus POI", the heading of all of your waypoints will point to your land camera. This will cause your drone to always point directly at your camera as it flies the mission, resulting in a consistent light intensity throughout the painting process.

Yours is a beautiful example.
Yes I used your wonderful utility and yes I made my one POI where I had the land camera located. I have cleaned up some of the waypoints that looked out of place and will try again tonight. Want to get it right before the new moon so I will have total darkness over a lake.

Reactions: Micky52
Ecellent!

Wow. This is amazing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs