DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s December 8th 2021 KB Falls 11°F 12:30PM

Nice pano! Did you use the automated 360 pano function on the A2S? Did you have any problems with the gimbal sticking at -12C since it’s only rated to 0C?

Chris

Just used the pano setting and no I had no problem at all with it sticking. The heat these Air 2S produce could have helped. Anytime I land and feel the heat sink I cannot believe how hot that sucker is.

Reactions: Chrislaf
Also the other thing I just thought of is the Air 2S is in my house two minutes before take off. Inside temp is around 68F and I walk out to my deck. Fly over to the falls about 1800 feet away and take photos or video and fly back. So its not out in the freezing temps all day. It comes back inside with me were its nice and warm :)

Also the other thing I just thought of is the Air 2S is in my house two minutes before take off. Inside temp is around 68F and I walk out to my deck. Fly over to the falls about 1800 feet away and take photos or video and fly back. So its not out in the freezing temps all day. It comes back inside with me were its nice and warm :)
That shouldn’t make much of a difference as once the AC is in the air the gimbal is exposed to the cold temps and although the ground temperature was around -12C, it was likely a few degrees colder at the height you took the pano at. Also, It wouldn’t take long for the gimbal to cool to the outside temps. Although the heat from the AC and battery might provide some heat, the gimbal is still exposed to the cold.

Right now I am looking at upgrading to either an Air 2S or a M3 and gimbal function in cold weather is a big consideration for me because I do just as much or even more flying in the winter. Aircraft specs are one thing but actual real world performance is another. For example both my Spark and P3S are rated the same for temperature but the Spark gimbal sticks and automated functions begin to fail in temps below OC.

Chris

Well I have been flying since late 2014, early 2015 with Yuneec, Autel, Parrot and now broke down and joined the dark side with the Air 2S and none of my drone gimbals has ever giving me any problems in the cold. I fly all winter long and live in Northern Ontario where temps average below freezing most of the winter. LOL
As I get older I find I have a harder time operating then my drones 🥶

Thanks for your input. I’m just trying to figure out whether the A2S or the M3 will be better suited to my needs. I do fly a lot in very cold weather, often colder than -10C.

Chris

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chenjinhun