DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Desert flying near Cottonwood Arizona on a nice sunny day

TTFullTimer

Reactions
It has been too hot or windy to fly for a few days. This morning it was a balmy 93F (34C) and there was just a tiny bit of breeze. Time to fly.

I love my Mavic. I did an auto takeoff from my launch pad, got a confirmed home point. Took off and gained initial altitude. As I flew and used FPV I could tell when I should hover for a little and gain some altitude. I am flying from a low point in the valley with mountains rising on two sides. I eventually was flying at 300 feet and I approached a cliff face as close as I wanted to get using FPV only. Did some scans and pans and headed back toward the area of the campground where I am sited. The campground is very large with multiple areas. As I headed back I tilted the camera down and flew alongside the camping area.

Finally I maneuvered the Mavic around the wires, trees and the road bringing it down for a pan of my campsite. Luck or somesuch was on my side as at that time the video had reached 4gig and a second file was started by the Mavic. It was perfect as the file started just a little bit from my pan of the site.

I then flew the Mavic to the landing pad and landed it perfectly. What a fantastic flyer it is. Blows my P3S out of the water. I had 59% remaining battery and I noticed that the belly pan of the Mavic was very hot. My guess is about 120 to 130 F. From all my chemistry background I know I can pick up a beaker that is 160. Not comfortable and you will not hold it long. So my guesstimates of temp are decent.

I know that the Mavic camera is not a real Pro camera. But I will gladly have good videos and superb flying behavior, before I would take superb videos with more difficult flying and less reliable RC connections.

I will attempt to load some videos next week when I have a reliable internet connection. The last upload I attempted was a 1 minute 19 second clip of the sunset. It took six hours for that to upload.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB