DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Deviated: My Mavic is sleeping 100ft up in a tree tonight

Call the fire department, they get cats out.

.... Yeah I can see the similarity:

ad_183137135-e1443711448326.jpg

So here is the good news: my bird is safe and sound. Alls well, got loggers to help. Just when all was set for the rescue the Mavic miraculously fell right at our feet. Don’t ever say prayers don’t work. Had very little shut eye last night. Here is a clip of the episode.
I was right then, something somehow shaked it and gravity did the rest!

Good timing though being right under at exact moment, how did you manage to catch it before it hits ground? safe and sound means no damage at all no?)

On holiday, tomorrow is my birthday, and my drone is stuck up a HUGE eucalyptus tree.

Tomorrow I’m spending my birthday retrieving my bird.

ANY advice welcome.
Hire a professional tree climber. I paid $70 to retrieve my drone. Same thing happen to me. Drone stuck 100ft high on a eucalyptus tree in Sunnyvale, CA

Attachments

• 3BD59830-4DF4-4F98-9CB7-A5219603FD50.jpeg
    3BD59830-4DF4-4F98-9CB7-A5219603FD50.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 118
  • FD9E0A95-3EFA-4373-AEF4-9AAF5BE4FE93.jpeg
    FD9E0A95-3EFA-4373-AEF4-9AAF5BE4FE93.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 93
  • E1F31BC7-C1BA-442F-9939-49FCB0CFDC11.jpeg
    E1F31BC7-C1BA-442F-9939-49FCB0CFDC11.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 93
Reactions: upset264
Hire a professional tree trimming guy to climb up the tree and retrieve your Mavic. These guys climb tall trees every day and know how to do it safely and efficiently.

Totally agree with your suggestion. A ladder isn't going to reach 100 feet.

Hire a professional tree trimming guy to climb up the tree and retrieve your Mavic. These guys climb tall trees every day and know how to do it safely and efficiently.
Depending on how "high up there" you are taking about. Hiring a 'tree guy' may cost you a little less than a new Mavic. Here in Oregon, trees are just really big weeds...that said....climb up as safely close to the drone as you can get.
Bow or trim saw off the limb. yes the fall may ding your 'bird' but most likely just drop it down to a lower an more accessible location.
be safe...be smart. Also a long, lightweight stick can aid.
I know I will get a bunch of "are you crazy?" replies but I am 68 years old and still alive...sorta. Eucalyptus trees are mostly easy to climb...Or....just apply cubic dollars. I assume the provided picture is a joke....if not....buy a new drone!

Yeah got mine stuck on the branch of a tea tree. Luckily it was only about 25ft up . Shot home , only 5min up the rd, grabbed 2 surf rods, wired them together , whacked on pair welding gloves and the missus poked the Mavic and caught it. No damage . Do give trees a wide berth now.

If you try to use another UAV and it is capable of lifting the Mavic Make sure you have a way to release the hook or other mechanism used to grab the Mavic. If not and your hook gets caught in the tree, you will be out two birds. The Safest and sure way to get it down is the recommendation to get a tree trimmer with a lift. If it costs $75-100 at least you will get your Mavic back SAFELY and in one piece. Climbing the tree, or even cutting a limb can cost you a lot more if the limb does not fall in the correct direction, or falls on a line, car, or house, or worse falls back towards you and knocks you out of the tree. Mavic $1000.00. Your life, Priceless.

On holiday, tomorrow is my birthday, and my drone is stuck up a HUGE eucalyptus tree.

Tomorrow I’m spending my birthday retrieving my bird.

ANY advice welcome.
Aw. My birthday is feb 4th top. My first outdoor flight with a Syma X5C-1 lasted 20 secs and stuck in a tree

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark