DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did you know, the DJI Enterprise 3 isn't limited to 500M as is the Mavic 3. The Enterprise is limited to 1500M or almost 5000ft !

SteveR43

Reactions
I didn't believe it until I recieved the Enterprise 3. It's true. It can be flown up to almost 5000 ft. I'm not sure why DJI did this, but they did. Maybe it has something to do with mountain side surveying. That's my theory anyway.

I didn't believe it until I recieved the Enterprise 3. It's true. It can be flown up to almost 5000 ft. I'm not sure why DJI did this, but they did. Maybe it has something to do with mountain side surveying. That's my theory anyway.
My Mavic 3 Classic can be set as high as 1000 meters.

Reactions: SteveR43
My Mavic 3 Classic can be set as high as 1000 meters.
Strange that DJI seems to just set random software altitude limits. The classic can be set to 1000M. Interesting.

I did notice something interesting with the Enterprise. When I turn on the Flight permissions near an airport, it will stop at 400 ft in altitude even if the software is set to higher. If I turn the permissions off, I can't fly over the blue retricted areas, but the 400 ft restriction is lifted.

Reactions: 3rdof5
Strange that DJI seems to just set random software altitude limits. The classic can be set to 1000M. Interesting.

I did notice something interesting with the Enterprise. When I turn on the Flight permissions near an airport, it will stop at 400 ft in altitude even if the software is set to higher. If I turn the permissions off, I can't fly over the blue retricted areas, but the 400 ft restriction is lifted.
I should add, I have my max altitude set to 1000M however, Everytime I have powered up (so far) I get a message saying Altitude Zone Max Altitude set to 500M. I have yet to take off in area where the 1000M was allowed by DJI Fly.

I should add, I have my max altitude set to 1000M however, Everytime I have powered up (so far) I get a message saying Altitude Zone Max Altitude set to 500M. I have yet to take off in area where the 1000M was allowed by DJI Fly.
the restriction, as I understand it, is the 500M/1640ft limit is lifted if you fly further than 50KM/30M from any airport. I'm not sure if private landing strips count but I'd be surprised if they did.

so it would have to be well out in the country. Lots of areas in the Western USA would qualify

Reactions: Vic Moss
Just unboxed mavic 3T, while it technically can be set to 1500m, it is still subject to geo zone limitations where 500m is max height if there is an airport within 50km. Now, I can totally see situations where it is important and legally acceptable to exceed 500m due to terrain, observation of towers etc... I wonder if there is an issue with my setup, or that it is intentional that 50km altitude zones also apply.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldutson