DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Difference on video transmission usb c or micro usb device

flightsimulation

Reactions
Hello all

Was researching if microbusb or usb c makes a difference to video feed. I have seen conflicting responses would one or the other be better suited.

Is video cache better off or on?

Reason being is i have a tabet with micro usb and a phone much smaller with usb c. Seems phone usb c runs smoother.

Thanks all

USB C is connector type only- it can carry anything from USB 1.1 to Thunderbolt 3. What responses are you taking about? The USB C connector shouldn’t be an improvement or degradation providing the cable isn’t the cheapest of the nastiest.

Does not make a bit of difference. The transfer rates of both far exceed the data being used in for video display. What you might not be keeping in mind is that the phone/tablet display you see is not what is being recorded to the SD card.

How the app runs is more of a function of the CPU on the display device.

Video cache on or off is up to you. It is simple recording the video transmission or not recording it.

Reactions: ZX14-R
Yes thats what i mean a usb c cable vs micro usb vs a lightning cable.
It seems the cable quality matters alot.

If i understand correctly your saying no matter which connection is used it all results in the same video feed?

Does not make a bit of difference. The transfer rates of both far exceed the data being used in for video display. What you might not be keeping in mind is that the phone/tablet display you see is not what is being recorded to the SD card.

Video cache on or off is up to you. It is simple recording the video transmission or not recording it.
Interesting i what you say makes sense however i did one flight with a samsung tablet s2 and the artifacts i saw on screen via the app are the same ones i saw in the recording. In this case where was the lag coming from, the drone was in front of me in close range, no other interferences between rc and drone?

The USB connector has no effect on transfer rate- it is the USB protocol that might be the only factor and then it will be cable quality that is the issue.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Interesting i what you say makes sense however i did one flight with a samsung tablet s2 and the artifacts i saw on screen via the app are the same ones i saw in the recording.
You were viewing the cached file on the display device and not the video on the SD card from the drone.

Not the cable but the productivity of the mobile device is the thing that matters!

USB cables do wear out. When they become intermittent, that can cause all sorts of symptoms from app crash to app to RC disconnects. In rare cases it may send bad commands to the RC.

I finally retired all my older Volux micro-usb cables and even the included flat USB-C cable seems suspect and no longer used for flight. My USB-3 USB-C and my new micro-usb cables have significantly reduced connection and app failures.

Bad USB cables shouldn't cause RC to AC disconnects, which is often confused with app to RC disconnects.

Note that my Samsung Tab E was always trouble, particularly with P3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
survey-rich