DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Air 2s gimbal goes limp after calibration

Air2sLM

Reactions
I was out flying my Air 2s earlier when I landed it a little roughly. I didn’t notice any problems but later when turning it on the gimbal booted up like normal but then the gimbal tilt went as far up as it could go and then down until it was facing backwards. Then it just went completely limp (You can see this in the YouTube video I linked). The video feed still works and the drone still flys. I tested all the gimbal axis when it was off and they all feel clear of debris. Any ideas of what this could be?

Try another calibration.

Here's a similar case:

It's a different drone model, but the video looks just like yours. That issue ended up being caused by damaged hardware.

Reactions: Air2sLM
I tried both auto an manual calibration. In auto it sits at 10% for a bit and then says calibration failed and in manual it didn’t let me change anything.
Sounds like you have damaged the gimbal. Do you have care refresh? You may also consider contacting DJI for more troubleshooting instructions.

Here's a similar case:

It's a different drone model, but the video looks just like yours. That issue ended up being caused by damaged hardware.
Yeah I saw this earlier and I’m thinking I might just take apart the gimbal assembly and see what I can find.

Sounds like you have damaged the gimbal. Do you have care refresh? You may also consider contacting DJI for more troubleshooting instructions.
I do not have care refresh so I will reach out to DJI and I might disassemble the gimbal and see if I find anything obvious that I could fix.

I would reach out to DJI before disassembling the gimbal. Their prices for repair are usually pretty fair.

Reactions: Air2sLM and Cafguy
have you tried calibrating with python
Also I would let DJI do the gimble work if they mess it up they have to pay again not you

Reactions: Air2sLM
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas