DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 issue

RxRay

Reactions
Hi all.

I'm newbie, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but it seems that I've some problems connecting my Mini 2 to the PC.
I'm running windows 10, just tried to connect the Mini 2 to a USB (2.0 and 3.0, they give exactly the same error) but I was never able to download a log of my flights on my PC.
I just get this error, after 30...40 seconds I click the "save to local" pushbutton.

I start the drone before to connect the USB port to the PC (in any other case the drone is not recognized and the program does not leave the initial screen). After that, it appears the Mini 2 icon, I push it and the program just shows this screen, with the only option "Save to local" available.

Nothing else, but if I click that button... after 30...40 seconds I just get this error message.

any hint?

DJI_Error.jpg

Why do you need to connect your drone to it? Use the DJI Fly app to activate and upgrade firmware instead.
But I think your problem is that you have the wrong version of the assistant.
You need: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic - Download Center - DJI

Why do you need to connect your drone to it? Use the DJI Fly app to activate and upgrade firmware instead.
You need: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic - Download Center - DJI
Hi Yaros.

thank you for your answer. As I stated I'm just a newbie, I bought this drone less than a month ago, made it flight some 120 times or so, and just wanted to explore all the available features I have with the drone, the software and the remote control.

If I remember well when i bought i found a QR code inside the box and scanned it. The page opened suggesting me to download the DJI fly app for the remote and drone connection and this one, for future needs.

i just want to download all the logs with all the flights data, in this moment. Probably in the future it could be useful for other things.

In any case i just downloaded the version you suggested. There is no "Mini 2" in the list of the applicable drones but I will try it in seconds.

thank you again.

Reactions: lensimages
You need: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic - Download Center - DJIis

unfortunately it does not work.
When I try to open it I get the message "incompatible model" or so, when the other program recognizes immediately the Mini2 model and allows me to click on it.

@RxRay on the download page ,there is a list of the different assistants
scroll down to the one that has the words consumer drones in brackets after the assistant 2 and you will see the Mini 2 listed

@RxRay on the download page ,there is a list of the different assistants
scroll down to the one that has the words consumer drones in brackets after the assistant 2 and you will see the Mini 2 listed
Yes.

of course you're right. Both of you.
I need to install the 2.1.9 version, where the first one I installed was the 2.1.8 and the version i found when I opened the page, under Yaros' suggestion was the 2.1.4

I will try it as far as the download ends.

I connected the remote control to the 2.1.8 version I got days ago, few minutes ago, and it was immediately recognized. Downloaded the "log" within few seconds and memorized it on my PC.
I got an unreadable file (it's not a flat ASCII file nor a csv or so), very probably I need to use another software to open it and/or convert it to flat file that I could read and manage with a program written by me.

...i just want to download all the logs with all the flights data...
Aside your problems with the DJI Assistant 2 ... the logs you might get off your Mini 2 through Assistant 2 will be worthless to you unfortunately, this as they are encrypted & can only be read by DJI staff.

In general it exists 3 different logs in 2 types around a DJI drone ...

One type ends with .DAT ... such a log mainly contain raw sensor data & motor data.
And another type ending with .TXT ... which mainly consists of telemetry, battery & camera data.

It exists 2 .DAT logs for a Mini 2 ... one stored in your craft & one stored in the mobile device you flew with. Both of these are encrypted for a Mini 2 & can't be read by others than DJI staff.

And you have one .TXT log for a Mini 2 ... it's stored in the mobile device you flew with & can be decrypted & read by us through either Airdata.com or PhantomHelp.com.

Go here to upload a .TXT log ... (scroll down a bit there to find out where it's stored in your mobile device) --> DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Go here to read up more about flight logs in general --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne