DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI at Walmart and Fred Meyer

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
DJI has failed to properly package and mail to me the Mini 3 FlyMore Plus kit twice now. They sent it correctly to a friend down the road. Go figure. It requires special handling for Alaska. They are now embarking on the third attempt; it must be sent air with special handling notices. We'll see. I'm wondering if it could be available locally in the next few weeks in Vancouver WA when I will be down there. DJI shows several Walmart and Fred Meyer stores that carry DJI gear in the Vancouver WA area. Not exactly the stores I'd expect. Has anyone seen the inventory of DJI stuff in either kind of store? thoughts on whether it's realistic to think they would ever have a FlyMore Plus kit for the Mini 3? No place like B&H or other vendor will ship to Alaska. DJI seems to be the only option, as incompetent as they have been thus far.

I am a regular shopper at FM stores in the Vancouver area and would be astonished if they had a Mini 3 Fly More kit on hand.

Best Buy in Jantzen Beach shows they have active stock. This is just over the state line on the Oregon side of the Columbia where there is no sales tax.

DJI has failed to properly package and mail to me the Mini 3 FlyMore Plus kit twice now.

First off, before I go off on my typical tangent, is there a trusted friend or relative that can make that purchase for you and then they mail it to you? And no, I am not your long lost twin brother from a different mother…

Now for the Tangent… I would not trust Walmart to send me anything anymore… Before I decided to buy my Mini 2, I ordered a Gool RC 161 GPS Drone with a 4K video with 3-batteries. It was listed on Walmart's web site for just over $200 . After 3-weeks, a package arrived, but it did not contain a drone. The photo below is what arrived; a battery charger for an unknown type battery type (no instructions) and it even came with a European plug…

20210721_151229.jpg

Walmart said there was nothing they could do since it was supplied by a "Third-party Vender". They said they would accept the return and request a refund. The Third-party Vender said the drone arrived and provided "proof" with the shipping tracking number. But I had the photo to show what their package contained and it was not a drone… It took two-months before I was refunded the money and that probably only occurred that quickly because I contacted the credit card company and filed a complaint and they revered the charges, That did not mean I got my money back but it meant they were not paid.

I hope your package number three arrives safely. You know what they say about "three's?" you should pray "three" times a day, the "third" time is the charm, and do not say the name "Beetlejuice" "three times" or you'll be stuck with him (and his friends…).

bettle.png

Reactions: NewAir2sMan
I am a regular shopper at FM stores in the Vancouver area and would be astonished if they had a Mini 3 Fly More kit on hand.

Best Buy in Jantzen Beach shows they have active stock. This is just over the state line on the Oregon side of the Columbia where there is no sales tax.
No shipping to AK…

If you are going to be in Vancouver WA Jantzen Beach is about a 5 minute drive. No need for shipping.
Humorously I tried to order it from that web site yesterday. It looked like it would go through! Not trusting it I went on chat and the chat fellow confirmed "no problem" so I ordered it and at that point it informed me they would not ship to AK after all. I may be traveling there so may well buy it directly if DJI fails in this attempt.

DJI has failed to properly package and mail to me the Mini 3 FlyMore Plus kit twice now. They sent it correctly to a friend down the road. Go figure. It requires special handling for Alaska. They are now embarking on the third attempt; it must be sent air with special handling notices. We'll see. I'm wondering if it could be available locally in the next few weeks in Vancouver WA when I will be down there. DJI shows several Walmart and Fred Meyer stores that carry DJI gear in the Vancouver WA area. Not exactly the stores I'd expect. Has anyone seen the inventory of DJI stuff in either kind of store? thoughts on whether it's realistic to think they would ever have a FlyMore Plus kit for the Mini 3? No place like B&H or other vendor will ship to Alaska. DJI seems to be the only option, as incompetent as they have been thus far.
You might want to try the Best Buy, just across the River in Oregon from Vancouver (Where I live). They should have stock and no sales tax!

If I get down to the deep south (Vancouver...) before DJI succeeds in the delivery I'll be checking it out. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos