DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI discontinues Phantom series!

DJI discontinues Phantom series! It’s on their website! They strongly point customers to the more capable Mavic Pro series!
DJI Phantom Drone

YAY!!!!!!!!

DJI will now focus more of their attention on the well deserved Mavic series. Dont be fooled though, Phantoms will be flying for decades to come, since hundreds of thousands of them were sold.

Total BS... This is the page for the Phantom 1, yeah the one from 2013... and all that notice is mentioning is that this particular product ("The Phantom 1 is no longer in production ") is discontinued (no really?), not the whole series... :rolleyes:

It pays to read with a tiny bit of attention before jumping to tell everyone your cool wrong story.

This is the page for the Phantom 1, yeah the one from 2014... and that notice is mentioning that particular product ("The Phantom 1 is no longer in production ") is discontinued (no really?), not the whole series
Right on. Much of the series has been discontinued, but that's not unusual for any line of DJI drones.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Total BS... This is the page for the Phantom 1, yeah the one from 2013... and all that notice is mentioning is that this particular product ("The Phantom 1 is no longer in production ") is discontinued (no really?), not the whole series... :rolleyes:

P4P V2 - out of stock
P4A - out of stock
P3SE - not available in my country.

But what does it all mean? I think we know the answer to that question, as stated in post #1.

Maybe DJI is planning to come out with a new line!!!!!!!!!!

I personally doubt that the Phantom series has seen its demise. It is incredibly popular and CAPABLE. It's a workhorse and iconic. In my opinion it would be a mistake for DJI to end that.

Out of all my drones, my P4P is still my favorite and the one I fly most. There's a time and place for each model, but the P4P checks off so many of the right boxes.

I personally doubt that the Phantom series has seen its demise. It is incredibly popular and CAPABLE. It's a workhorse and iconic. In my opinion it would be a mistake for DJI to end that.

Out of all my drones, my P4P is still my favorite and the one I fly most. There's a time and place for each model, but the P4P checks off so many of the right boxes.

I agree. I still have many Phantom's in my hangar, but so many people would trade its bulk for a more lightweight, more nimble alternative. Enter the Mavic...

2 drones enter, 1 drone leaves.

Last edited:
I guess for us die-hards it's not as much "trading in" as much as "adding to the fleet". LOL

I think the Phantom gets a bad rap though on portability. It's not like you need a tractor trailer to haul it around. I can take the P4P anywhere I need to go. Sure it's not as portable as a Spark, Mavic Air, or Mavic, but it's not humongous either.

I guess for us die-hards it's not as much "trading in" as much as "adding to the fleet". LOL

I think the Phantom gets a bad rap though on portability. It's not like you need a tractor trailer to haul it around. I can take the P4P anywhere I need to go. Sure it's not as portable as a Spark, Mavic Air, or Mavic, but it's not humongous either.

I agree to a point. The Mavic has traveled the world with me, in my backpack, along with clothing, and other vacation items. The Phantom IS the carryon! It wont fit under the seat in front of me.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
The Phantom 4 PRO is no longer in production...but as this quote indicates... that doesn't mean it applies to the P4P advanced or V2.

Is it the End of the Line For DJI’s Phantom 4 Pro? | News Ledge

But the fact that they are "out of stock" on DJIs website means that they are either backordered, or????

I could understand if they were a new release, and were behind in production, but the P4P V2 and P4A have been in production for a while, since May 2018, almost a year ago.

DJI discontinues Phantom series! It’s on their website! They strongly point customers to the more capable Mavic Pro series!
DJI Phantom Drone
It's ok GravesSM... everybody makes mistakes, baptism of the forum. Don't let some people rain on your parade. Crap happens to everyone, even those with "TONS" of experience.

The Phantom still has its place, it could accomodate that mini interchangeable lens camera many want but is out of the Mavic's league.
Whether they'll make use of that opportunity or not is another question.

At best they make something of the appropriate size but with a completely new design.

But the fact that they are "out of stock" on DJIs website means that they are either backordered, or????

With all the rumors flying...if you were looking to sell one...now is the time to put it on ebay. LOL.

Could be many reasons for "out of stock" one possibility is that they are discontinued. Another is simply planning, logistics, product issues, etc. Quality Control could have uncovered an issue with a particular component from a new supplier... there are all sorts of possible scenarios...

Reactions: Former Member
The Phantom still has its place, it could accomodate that mini interchangeable lens camera many want but is out of the Mavic's league.
Whether they'll make use of that opportunity or not is another question.

At best they make something of the appropriate size but with a completely new design.

If it wasn't for the Phantom Series, I honestly believe the M2P would have a better camera. I strongly suspect DJI knocked a peg down, in order to keep the Phantom Series relevant for longer. Just my personal opinion.

There has also been rumors of a Phantom 5 coming out... but those are pretty old...would be a big surprised if they were able to keep it under wraps.

Very interesting - I'm actually leaning towards a Phantom 5, to be released soon. It doesn't make sense for DJI to support and keep manufacturing multiple models of the same drone. Indeed they stopped producing the Mavic Pro shortly before releasing the Mavic 2 twins - so I think that's a clue. Edit: I might be wrong about the Mavic Pro because it is still listed on the DJI site.

As for the low stock levels of the P3/P4 - that might be DJI preparing to discontinue those models as well but obviously not before the P5 is released.

I also believe that @Kilrah is correct - I could not see anything to suggest, after going to the webpage link posted by the OP, that all of the Phantom products have been discontinued - at least not at this point in time. Only the Phantom 1 has been axed.

The other clue could the pop-up page that appears when you go to that link posted by the OP. It doesn't recommend the P3 or P4 - only the Mavics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
If it wasn't for the Phantom Series, I honestly believe the M2P would have a better camera. I strongly suspect DJI knocked a peg down, in order to keep the Phantom Series relevant for longer. Just my personal opinion.

There has also been rumors of a Phantom 5 coming out... but those are pretty old...would be a big surprised if they were able to keep it under wraps.

Or DJI was just not under alot of pressure to one-up themselves because they already had a better lens on the P4.

Very interesting - I'm actually leaning towards a Phantom 5, to be released soon. It doesn't make sense for DJI to support and keep manufacturing multiple models of the same drone. Indeed they stopped producing the Mavic Pro shortly before releasing the Mavic 2 twins - so I think that's a clue. Edit: I might be wrong about the Mavic Pro because it is still listed on the DJI site.

As for the low stock levels of the P3/P4 - that might be DJI preparing to discontinue those models as well but obviously not before the P5 is released.

I also believe that @Kilrah is correct - I could not see anything to suggest, after going to the webpage link posted by the OP, that all of the Phantom products have been discontinued - at least not at this point in time. Only the Phantom 1 has been axed.

The other clue could the pop-up page that appears when you go to that link posted by the OP. It doesn't recommend the P3 or P4 - only the Mavics.

To me, DJI is shooting themselves in the foot by making all models of the Mavic available and in stock, and making the Phantom 4's unavailable.

DJI doesnt usually discontinue previous models, aka Mavic Pro, which was still produced for 6 months after entree of M2 into the market, until a new model is introduced.

Not sure what DJI is doing, maybe prepping for a P5, but they are as mysterious as deep space.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman