DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 DJI FPV at Lost Creek Red Rock Canyon

Beautiful scenery! Loved what you showed. For me, I had turn down the sound. Whir of the motors were good @ the beginning to let us hear what they doing climbing and descending, but it got a bit much.

Reactions: MAVE (Little bird)
Drone heaven!

You have a great selection of flights on your YouTube channel. Can you share your experience with unpredictable winds when flying so close to the cliffs?

Mark
Good question. The DJI FPV Drone is well powered and fast and handles wind well. That said I usually fly early in the morning when winds are light to get better Cinematic flight. Winds over 30 mph become an issue because of the extreme drift when flying at 90 degrees to the wind and it requires a lot of banking to counter the wind. A few days ago while traveling in Eastern Arizona near New Mexico border in the late afternoon we stopped to drone a massive rock spire off thre road. Winds were extreme at ground level but I launched anyway to video the spire but was unable get close as the winds seemed to be trying to push the drone right into the rock. It is scary to turn the drone away and watch it continue toward the rock almost flying backward from the wind! I gave up after several tries, just not worth the risk.
Beautiful scenery! Loved what you showed. For me, I had turn down the sound. Whir of the motors were good @ the beginning to let us hear what they doing climbing and descending, but it got a bit much.
Agreed, I cut the sound level down to 45%, probably still too much and I usually mix motor sound with fading to music, probably a better effect. Thanks.

Love the free fall near the beginning. Very well executed! And nice smooth roll near the end. Great job!
Thanks, I have always loved doing aerobatics. nothing too fancy, just loops and rolls. In the early 1970's I flew Citabrias and practiced these maneuvers a lot, so with the drones I try to slow things down to where it looks similar to what it looks like in an aerobatic aircraft. Just my preference, and glad you liked it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J