DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI G04, UAVDATA and strange log file

SteelFlyer

Reactions
I had a strange issue today and wondering if anyone can help. I did a flight in my backyard just to test a bunch of different camera settings. I took the Mavic up and hovered in the same spot for the entire flight. I kept changing Style and Color settings and shooting 30 seconds of video for each setting. About halfway through the flight I started getting video signal dropouts and interference warnings. I'd lose the video feed for a few seconds, then everything would come back up and be fine. The aircraft never wavered from its spot nor did I lose any recorded video. I ended the flight normally.

When I went to sync my flight log with DJI, I kept getting sync timeouts. I kept retrying and finally the sync completed. I used iTunes to download the TXT file from my iPad (as I always do) and tried to upload it to UAVData so I could look at what in the heck happened during that flight, but UAVData would not let me upload because it said the file was too large.

When I looked at the file size, the TXT file is 25.8 MB (that's right MB). Something clearly is not right with the file, but somehow it did upload to DJI. I am a subscriber to Kittyhawk and it was able to import the flight from the DJI servers without an issue. So I decided I would try to use the DJI Go4 App on my iPhone, sync the flight to it and then see what size the file is in iTunes. However, the DJI app on my iPhone bombs out now every time I try to sync and I'm thinking it must be choking on this file.

So, this is a long-winded setup for my questions. Does anyone know what the heck is going on with this? Any suggestions on how to get this into UAVData so I can look at it? Any way to fix the sync issue with the DJI app as I'm afraid now it won't sync in the future?

Thanks for any help.

***Edit - sorry I meant AirData, not UAVData. Not even sure where I got that from......

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
survey-rich