I'm building an application to download your flight logs from the DJI Cloud

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
I'm building an application to download your flight logs from the DJI Cloud.

A lot of people struggle with downloading TXT flight logs from their DJI drones. And for those people who know how to do it, it's not a quick/easy process (especially if flying with multiple devices).

Here are the features I have in mind for the first version of the application:
  • View a list of TXT flight logs available in the DJI Cloud (those you've synced in DJI Fly/GO or other DJI apps)
  • Download one or more TXT flight logs to a folder of your choice
  • Enable auto sync to auto download new flight logs as they are available in the DJI Cloud
  • Windows only (and maybe a web version later for Mac/Linux users)
Want to contribute?
  • Comment below with any additional features you'd like to see
  • Reply with "I want to help beta test" if you'd like to try the application before it's officially released

Do you happens to know if the DAT's, that are seemingly deleted during a normal upload-to-DJI sync, are 'MOVED' to DJI rather than deleted, if so will DJI allow you to access those DAT's?
Being able to download any sync'ed DATs might be useful. Some Fly app using drones have readable screen device DATs, i.e. the Mavic Mini and Mini 3 Pro. I do not know about any other models of recent fly app using drones.

Will the software pull ALL the .txt's logs associated with one account from the cloud? It seems so, with that in mind, it might be an idea to allow the user to separate them automatically by the control app type e.g. Go, Go4 & Fly, and or specific drone.
Will the app allow the downloading from multiple DJI accounts, either individually or en-masse? I.e. some users have multiple DJI accounts.
I have not tested whether or not an upload-sync uploads all the App-type logs e.g. only Fly app logs but ALL the Fly App logs, on the screen device or just the logs of the account in use.

I don't normally sync and therefore have only a handful of logs in the cloud but in my odd experimentations with download-from-DJI syncing I get the impression that a sync, normally in Fly, has occasionally downloaded Go and Go4 logs. Or perhaps and probably more probable, I have later moved Go & Go4 logs to the fly app folder and forgotten.
I also have the impression that downloaded logs are slightly smaller than the originals, if correct I have no idea if there is any significant data loss.

Other suggestions, allow the user to choose the unit system i.e. metric or imperial.

I'd certainly test it but as I say I have very few logs in DJI's cloud.

Last edited:
Reactions: msinger
Do you happens to know if the DAT's, that are seemingly deleted during a normal upload-to-DJI sync, are 'MOVED' to DJI rather than deleted, if so will DJI allow you to access those DAT's?
I'm not sure. Only TXT flight logs are available in the list of synced flight logs.

Will the software pull ALL the .txt's logs associated with one account from the cloud? It seems so, with that in mind, it might be an idea to allow the user to separate them automatically by the control app type e.g. Go, Go4 & Fly, and or specific drone.
Yes. I was thinking of adding an option to all them all to be downloaded to the same folder or sub folders named by the aircraft name and serial number (since some people get new drones and use the same name).

Will the app allow the downloading from multiple DJI accounts, either individually or en-masse?
I've thought about this and it's more of an edge case I think, but maybe a useful addition. It's not something that'll be available in the first version.

I also have the impression that downloaded logs are slightly smaller than the originals, if correct I have no idea if there is any significant data loss
I have never found any missing data in the flight logs I've synced to the DJI Cloud.

Other suggestions, allow the user to choose the unit system i.e. metric or imperial.
This will be included in the first release.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I want to help beta test. I am a Mac guy but can run a windows app in VM. I would like to try it to help me understand more about what data is in the cloud verses locally. Like you say, it is kind of a hassle and I stopped trying way back in the day.

I would think there is a somewhat higher ratio of MacOS to WinOS in the drone world since they are mainly flying cameras. Photography and Videography are very strong in MacOS. So depending on the feedback you get, you might want to provide a MacOS version at some point.

Started in 2013 with a Phamtom 1 (TC-40?) that you had to mount your own GoPro on through Inspire 2 and all the Mavic models but now my Drone Hanger consists of Avata, Mini 3, M3 Classic, M3P Cine.

I was not aware you and your website but am now and and very impressed. I was definitely keep you in mind for future purchases and support.

Thank You
John Johnston
Stuart, FL

Reactions: Moozer

A lot of people struggle with downloading TXT flight logs from their DJI drones. And for those people who know how to do it, it's not a quick/easy process (especially if flying with multiple devices).

• View a list of TXT flight logs available in the DJI Cloud (those you've synced in DJI Fly/GO or other DJI apps)
  • Enable auto sync to auto download new flight logs as they are available in the DJI Cloud
Want to contribute?
  • Reply with "I want to help beta test" if you'd like to try the application before it's officially released

Want to contribute?
Thanks for this grand idea - "I want to help beta test" 😊

I am also a Mac user. I’d be happy to beta test if you develop something for a Mac.

For those offering to try the beta, please keep in mind you will definitely need Windows since this first version will be a Windows only compatible application. While not as convenient, you could run it with Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion on a Mac too.

Reactions: BigAl07
I am a Windows/iOS/Android developer and would be happy to beta test. PM me if you wanted to talk about doing a cross-platform version of the app from a single (mostly single) code base.

Reactions: msinger and BigAl07
Windows guy here. I'd love to help if needed.

PM me if you wanted to talk about doing a cross-platform version of the app from a single (mostly single) code base.
Thanks! Yeah, that's the plan for the Mac version. While I think I will be able to share much of the codebase, I'll likely end up building a separate Xamarin.Forms app.

Reactions: anotherlab
Another 'i want to help beta test' here if you need it.
Windows/Android based. Thank you :)

Can I use it to delete all my flight logs in the cloud ?
No. You can delete flight logs in DJI Fly, but I'm not sure if that actually deletes them from the DJI cloud.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian