DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

There is poll about what I think is a very, VERY good idea over on the DJI forum's "Mavic Series" board. Please have a look and.......

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
if you have an interest cast a vote.
The idea is to add motor rpms to the .txt flight log.
The title of the thread/poll is "A request, motor rpms, could DJI add them to the .txt flight log?"

I'd guess the idea is primarily aimed at FLY app users where the phone/tablet/smart_controller DATs are encrypted but I think it is equally applicable to any DJI drone where the DATs are deleted during a flight log sync with DJI.

The motor RPM is probably one of the most useful data points in DAT flight logs.

Anyone using other data from DAT flight logs that's not included in TXT flight logs?

The motor RPM is probably one of the most useful data points in DAT flight logs.

Anyone using other data from DAT flight logs that's not included in TXT flight logs?
I take it you would agree with the idea of adding the motor rpms to the txt flight log?

If so would you please vote in the poll and given your 'status' perhaps add a comment to the poll's thread.

I take it you would agree with the idea of adding the motor rpms to the txt flight log?
Yes. I wouldn't say it's the most useful data point, but it does come in handy when troubleshooting motor/ESC and lost prop issues.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Yes. I wouldn't say it's the most useful data point, but it does come in handy when troubleshooting motor/ESC and lost prop issues.
I can't comment about other data in the DAT as motor rpms are about the only thing I have looked at in DATs.

Motor RPMs weren't useful to me in the last six incidents that I've looked at. Based on these incidents my vote would be for the following data

GPS velocities (velE, velN, velD). These are different from the velocities computed by the Flight Controller.
magnetometer data (IMU_ATTI: magX, magY, magZ)
gyro data (IMU_ATTI: gyroX, gyroY, gyroZ)

Which quadrant losses thrust can usually be determined from the roll, pitch and heading data found in the .txt. Which type of propulsion loss (lost prop or blocked motor) requires knowing motor currents. So if motor RPMs are to be included in this list then motor currents should also be included.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Motor RPMs weren't useful to me in the last six incidents that I've looked at. Based on these incidents my vote would be for the following data

GPS velocities (velE, velN, velD). These are different from the velocities computed by the Flight Controller.
magnetometer data (IMU_ATTI: magX, magY, magZ)
gyro data (IMU_ATTI: gyroX, gyroY, gyroZ)

Which quadrant losses thrust can usually be determined from the roll, pitch and heading data found in the .txt. Which type of propulsion loss (lost prop or blocked motor) requires knowing motor currents. So if motor RPMs are to be included in this list then motor currents should also be included.
Might I suggest that you post the comment in the DJI thread. Personally I think SBB will be lucky if DJI add the motor rpms.

Better yet would be if they stop encrypting the screen device DATs and their deletion during a sync but ....... we can but dream lol. They haven't encrypted the Mini 3 Pro screen device DAT but I don't know about any of the more recent fly app drones.

• Love
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
weird... doesn't show when I go there. I see the first post and all the others, but the poll isn't in the first post.

would the addition of such things (wishful thinking lol ) mean you have to adjust your 'programs' ?
Yes, I'll need to release new versions when adding any new fields.

Yes, I'll need to release new versions when adding any new fields.
Thanks, I won't like the post just in case someone thinks I am liking the fact that you would be given work.
Incidentally if the fields were added would they 'break' an existing version even if the new fields are would not displayed in that version's output?

Incidentally if the fields were added would they 'break' an existing version even if the new fields are would not displayed in that version's output?
No

• Love
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
@BudWalker and @msinger ..... would the addition of such things (wishful thinking lol ) mean you have to adjust your 'programs' ?
No, but only if CsvView 4.3.0 or later is being used. Prior to 4.3.0, CsvView had to know about signals in order to present them. Any .csv columns it didn't know about were silently ignored. With 4.3.0, CsvView can attempt to create signals for most of these columns. By default this feature is turned on but can be toggled through the Preferences drop down

1694526825577.png

The link to the poll on the DJI forum is here:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope