DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 and Live streaming... lets talk

devGOD

Reactions
So lately I have been streaming live a bit more, now that Verizon has unlimited LTE data (up to 22gb that is). I have always streamed live on Youtube but, the encoding that YT uses is horrible for cellular streaming. It's alway pixelated.

I tested my speeds on Verizon LTE and i'm at 50+mbps Down and 15+mbps Up. The upload is what matters but at home I have around 6mbps UP with AT&T home i-net and my Youtube live streams are never pixelated.

I am not a big Facebook user, so I have yet to try FB Live stream... can anyone tell me how the quality is on there? I'm looking into RTMP and hosting my own live stream via a third party site or on the dedicated web servers that I own.

I can't even get Live streaming to work with DJI4 go, I am using android phone, not sure if that matters or not.

I managed to get livestreaming working ok on Android but the quality was terrible, it was only managing around 0.6 fps (that's not a typo, barely a frame every two seconds) although I was in HDSPA+ rather than LTE. I need to find somewhere both open enough and legal with 4g coverage to try again although might just try a hover in the back garden on the home wifi.

John

I've had poor results with facebook too. Although, I think its my Note 5 being pushed too far to deal with the downlink stream from the Mavic AND then adding the uplink stream to facebook. Even with double-digit uplink rates on Sprint LTE, I am only managing a few fps at best and they are pretty low res looking at that. I'm hoping my next phone will do better.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee