DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 - Confusing at times?

Peregrine

Reactions
I don't know if I'm just being thick, or whether the wording in some of the menus is just downright confusing. I'm trying to get my head around various aspects of the app but keep coming across things like this:

Turn on Smart Return Home

When ambient light is sufficient, aircraft will automatically ascend to avoid obstacles. After enabling RTH Obstacle Check, even Obstacle Avoidance is disabled, aircraft will still automatically check obstacles in RTH. Both Obstacle Avoidance and RTH Obstacle Check will be disabled during landing.

Now, I've read it and re-read it many times, and I'm still scratching my head. Is it just me? This is just an example, as quite a few things seem less than clear.

Yep looks like it's missing a word or two or should just be re-written. I think it should read: After enabling RTH Obstacle Check, aircraft will automatically check for obstacles in RTH even if Obstacle Avoidance is disabled. Similar to Chinglish;). -CF

Reactions: Peregrine
Thanks. They sure don't make things easy. Likewise, some of the menus, and sub-menus, hold the most unlikely of victims. I have a real game tracking down some of the options, literally having to scour every menu at times. I keep threatening to make a spreadsheet so that I can instantly locate what I need.

I wish I had the talent to make an interactive website complete with hyperlinks, so we could fully explore all the options in the Go App without having to power up the bird and remote.

I wish I had the talent to make an interactive website complete with hyperlinks, so we could fully explore all the options in the Go App without having to power up the bird and remote.

I wish you did too ;)

I do find it a little disappointing that I cannot use the app more thoroughly remotely. It would be a great help to be able to completely customise a lot of the settings from the comfort of the couch. Having to set things up when the Mavic is powered up, with the cooling fan running, and the clock ticking makes me feel pressured. Consequently, I don't always feel that I am having the optimum experience. I know that certain settings DO have to be set on location, camera settings, RTH height clearances etc. But it would be nice if a lot of the minutiae could be dealt with at leisure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji