DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 says "firmware update required", but I don't want to risk it

cardplayer71

Reactions
Hi,

I have a trip coming up, and my Mavic is dialed in pretty nicely. I would not like a firmware update to disrupt anything. Am I OK to defer the firmware update? It seemed to fly fine today on a short test flight, so I think the DJI GO 4 app is merely aware of the update. Interestingly, it doesn't show this message consistently, only every few times I start the app.

So: is the DJI GO 4 app somehow upgraded and no longer compatible with the firmware? Or, can I continue to use the firmware I have on the Mavic and its controller?

Thank you.

Just ignore the on screen prompts to upgrade the firmware. It will fly fine regardless of what the Go app is telling you. It's basically just letting you know there's a firmware upgrade.

More importantly for those who already updated, there is no way to go back?

This pattern of DJI performance bait and switch is very concerning, on the same level of Zano.

More importantly for those who already updated, there is no way to go back?

This pattern of DJI performance bait and switch is very concerning, on the same level of Zano.

Really, they're not allowing a downgrade on this one? I thought someone over on RCGroups said they were able to revert back to the last one (which is normally the case)?

Thank you very much!

I will wait until after the upcoming trip before I upgrade. I would rather go with a known quantity!

Many thanks.

Reactions: Mr Spock
If you want to downgrade the app version you can uninstall the DJI GO 4 app and look at DJI GO 4 APKs - APKMirror for earlier .apk versions. Just download them and manually install the app on your phone or tablet. (Android).

Also... If you tap and hold the settings icon in the top right of the screen (not the camera screen - the first screen you get when you launch the app) for 3 seconds in GO4 app, you will be greeted with a downgrade tool

Also... If you tap and hold the settings icon in the top right of the screen (not the camera screen - the first screen you get when you launch the app) for 3 seconds in GO4 app, you will be greeted with a downgrade tool

Thanks for that tip. I didn't know that was a possibility.

You can downgrade the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 app. It's available for download on the Mavic downloads page.

My original firmware for my mavic / RC and on my Sam Note 4 worked fantastic. That was 2017 now 2018 DJI tells me to upgrade and I do. both dji go and litchi produced really bad lagging and pixing. I want to see where I am and what I am looking at.

I downgraded my firmware and the the dji go app with [email protected]. This solved the lagging and pixing problem using the dji go 4 app on my Note 4.

Previously I bought Litichi because the original firmware and dji go 4 lost my video feed. Litichi worked great. And Litchi could plan waypoints.

Then the upgrade / downgrade craziness

Now my LItchi is totally lagged out and pixelated like crazy. who/how can I reach someone or thing at Litchi to help fix this?

thanks I appreciate it AND is there a mavic pro group in Honolulu???

ok i need help
cant view from cam when flying everythingelseworks fine just can fvp fly can anyone help

That pissed me off... why would they wipe all my settings?

just poor software design. there's no reason the user settings can't be persisted across an update as they are for many other apps, they have apparently chosen the easy way to do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan