DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 v4.1.0

Cerberus

Reactions
So...

Not sure someone asked this here before or not but..

so how was it? smooth sailing or full of issues...?

It has been smooth sailing for me. It turned out to be much ado about nothing (like usual).

It has been smooth sailing for me. It turned out to be much ado about nothing (like usual).

well, 4.0.8 is working fine for me... and 4.1.0 doesn't really add anything new, I'll probably hold off till a new FW comes out and maybe then I update all in one go..

4.1.0 seems fine to me. I'm not as worried about Go as I am firmware.

Reactions: Cerberus
So can I update the DJI go app (Still on 4.06 me thinks) without updating the firmware?

Thats true.. if I recall correctly, there were pilots saying the new GO made their screens go black or something.. I wonder
But in the interest of full disclosure, I should say, I went to IOS and a new device simultaneously.

But in the interest of full disclosure, I should say, I went to IOS and a new device simultaneously.

Is this something you have done recently, if so what main differences were noticed between android & ios?

It's worked for me for the most part although flying yesterday I noticed some skipping in the video feed. It only did it on the first battery, after I powered it up a second time it was fine.

The only issue Ive ever had was my photography settings (shutter speed, ISO, histogram, etc) disappearing during flight.

Annoying sure, but nothing like what others have experienced.

Is this something you have done recently, if so what main differences were noticed between android & ios?
Yes, just prior to the upgrade (and reason for) I got a new Iphone.

Before, when using the Samsung, I could make it work, marginally, if I jumped through a lot of hoops prior to flying, ( GPS and WIFI off, cacheing off etc.) and even then occasionally I would run into performance issues, such as lagging, pixelation, and sluggish or no command responses to active track, etc.

Being a long time hold out, I hate to admit that now, using the Iphone it is flawless.

But, again, in the interest of full disclosure, I was using an old Galaxy s4 and I have no idea how well the newer Andriod devices handle it. Given the evidence supporting the IOS, I just wasn't willing to risk it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rbruz
Can anyone else confirm that the new DJI GO 4 version removed the ability to turn off GEO in the US? At least for me, that option appears to no longer exist.

Can anyone else confirm that the new DJI GO 4 version removed the ability to turn off GEO in the US? At least for me, that option appears to no longer exist.
No. The option is still there under general settings using Go 4.1.0, IOS.
Maybe recent firmware has something to do with it? I'm on .0400.

Re install the App if it has gone, on one update i did the GEO function disappeared.

i was advised to delete go 4 and reinstall which i did and it came back and has stayed back

The only issue Ive ever had was my photography settings (shutter speed, ISO, histogram, etc) disappearing during flight.

Annoying sure, but nothing like what others have experienced.

is it still happening to you now?

Can anyone tell me how I can determine what version of DJI Go I am running?

Can anyone tell me how I can determine what version of DJI Go I am running?

for Android... open your go 4 app.. on the bottom right, tap on "ME"
inside, you go to settings

you will see your version at the lower part of the screen

Reactions: looopson
Only issue that I have with 4.1.0 (android) is that zoom with 5D button doesn't work anymore (pinch to zoom works normally though)

Reactions: Cerberus
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki