DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go4 IOS and HealthyDrones

Robert Granata

Reactions
Just moved from Android to IOS. It seems that you have to physically sync Go4 to the cloud and then physically sync HealthyDrones. So is this the process I have to follow every time I finish a flight? In android HealthyDrones synced automatically and I didn't care about dji.

Just moved from Android to IOS. It seems that you have to physically sync Go4 to the cloud and then physically sync HealthyDrones. So is this the process I have to follow every time I finish a flight? In android HealthyDrones synced automatically and I didn't care about dji.
Yes. iOS has a more secure file system, and other apps cannot access an app's data.

Thanks for the info. Sorry if I seem dense, but I get that I have to upload to DJI before I can upload to Healthydrones, and I don't have to do anything for Litchi or Autopilot, but the reason seems unclear. Some apps can do it, but others can't? How does that make it a more secure file system?

I don't use it HD Sync on IOS, as I am predominantly android.

But isn't the very reason that the HDSync apps exists to Sync your flight records. I don't see why you would need to sync DJIGO flight records manually first for this to works. Seems odd.

Off course the android version does have the automatic background sync option which is the best solution and what you had been enjoying previously.

Thanks for the info. Sorry if I seem dense, but I get that I have to upload to DJI before I can upload to Healthydrones, and I don't have to do anything for Litchi or Autopilot, but the reason seems unclear. Some apps can do it, but others can't? How does that make it a more secure file system?
To clear it up, only apps can access their own data. Other apps can't. So when DJI GO writes the flight log, no other app can access it, so it needs to be synced to the cloud server first. HD Sync downloads from the cloud server and then uploads to HealthyDrones. Litchi and Autopilot are the ones writing the flight log so it's already accessible to them and can thus be immediately uploaded.

After my first flight with Ipad Mini 4 I was sitting at my desk waiting for the log to show up on HealthyDrones. When it didn't I went to HD Sync to manually sync and it said right on the screen that I had to sync the dji go4 log before I could sync to HealthyDrones. Not a problem, just an extra couple of steps post flight. But why doesn't the DJI app autosync to the dji cloud? Or least have an option to do it? Or use the HealthyDrones token method like Litchi?

When I read this I think I sound more upset about this than I really am. The problems I had trying to keep my various android devices from crashing far outweigh this small inconvenience. I was a never-apple guy, but I see the advantage of a single entity making the hardware and operating system. Every android device I used had some small problems and some had huge problems, but they were all different problems because of the different hardware and flavors of android.

After my first flight with Ipad Mini 4 I was sitting at my desk waiting for the log to show up on HealthyDrones. When it didn't I went to HD Sync to manually sync and it said right on the screen that I had to sync the dji go4 log before I could sync to HealthyDrones. Not a problem, just an extra couple of steps post flight. But why doesn't the DJI app autosync to the dji cloud? Or least have an option to do it? Or use the HealthyDrones token method like Litchi?

When I read this I think I sound more upset about this than I really am. The problems I had trying to keep my various android devices from crashing far outweigh this small inconvenience. I was a never-apple guy, but I see the advantage of a single entity making the hardware and operating system. Every android device I used had some small problems and some had huge problems, but they were all different problems because of the different hardware and flavors of android.
I don't know why DJI doesn't auto sync, that's something to ask DJI about.

To clear it up, only apps can access their own data. Other apps can't. So when DJI GO writes the flight log, no other app can access it, so it needs to be synced to the cloud server first. HD Sync downloads from the cloud server and then uploads to HealthyDrones. Litchi and Autopilot are the ones writing the flight log so it's already accessible to them and can thus be immediately uploaded.

Thanks again. Sorry, but me being dense again. All three programs write the same flight logs, Litchi and Autopilot let HealthyDrones access these logs (through the token program) but DJI doesn't. Why is it more secure for HealtyDrones to download the log from the DJI cloud than from my device?

Thanks again. Sorry, but me being dense again. All three programs write the same flight logs, Litchi and Autopilot let HealthyDrones access these logs (through the token program) but DJI doesn't. Why is it more secure for HealtyDrones to download the log from the DJI cloud than from my device?
The flight logs are saved to the device's system in the app's data location. If DJI app records them, then only the DJI app can access them. Same is true for Litchi and Autopilot. The difference, Litchi and Autopilot can upload to HealthyDrones directly, so it just sends the flight log to HealthyDrones automatically. But for the DJI Go app, HD Sync cannot access the data save location of the DJI Go app, so the HD Sync app needs to get the data elsewhere, so it grabs it from the cloud. So you have to send the flight logs from the DJI Go app to the cloud to make them accessible to HD sync, since DJI Go doesn't upload directly to HealthyDrones.

The flight logs are saved to the device's system in the app's data location. If DJI app records them, then only the DJI app can access them. Same is true for Litchi and Autopilot. The difference, Litchi and Autopilot can upload to HealthyDrones directly, so it just sends the flight log to HealthyDrones automatically. But for the DJI Go app, HD Sync cannot access the data save location of the DJI Go app, so the HD Sync app needs to get the data elsewhere, so it grabs it from the cloud. So you have to send the flight logs from the DJI Go app to the cloud to make them accessible to HD sync, since DJI Go doesn't upload directly to HealthyDrones.
Got it. Thanks for your insight and patience.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos